Who's in the Venice Florida area next week?

gismo

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iGismo
I'm heading for KVNC tomorrow and will be there till after new years day. I know Ken Ibold will be nearby on Siesta Key. Seems like I talked to someone else about getting together there a while back. Anyone in the area?

lancefisher said:
I'm heading for KVNC tomorrow and will be there till after new years day. I know Ken Ibold will be nearby on Siesta Key. Seems like I talked to someone else about getting together there a while back. Anyone in the area?

I am just north of there right now. Took a check out in a 182RG incase my sister over in Lake Worth is around I can go see her.

BTW it is cold here. We had temps int he 30s today with a high of 59F

smigaldi said:
I am just north of there right now. Took a check out in a 182RG incase my sister over in Lake Worth is around I can go see her.

BTW it is cold here. We had temps int he 30s today with a high of 59F

Well that's warmer than here. Tampa is supposed to hit 70 tomorrow so maybe there's a warmup coming.

Where are you based?

lancefisher said:

I'll be visiting with family in North Miami. If I have time, might get checked out somewhere. I'm kind of in "wait and see" mode.

lancefisher said:
Well that's warmer than here. Tampa is supposed to hit 70 tomorrow so maybe there's a warmup coming.

Where are you based?

I am based in Northern Illinois but I am down visiting mom this week. She is near Sarasota so when I am down here I fly from there. It is warmer here than up north, i'll grant you that, but I am a southerner and moved up north only for a job. I hate winter and snow. To me 35F is too cold, 60 is barely tolaerable. BTW there are people walking around in coats that we would wear in 0F and lower temps here today in FLA!

When you are down here next week fly into Everglades City, cool airport and a shuttle to the resturants. You'll like the short field with water on 3 sides of the runway.

KVNC is my home field. Let me know if you need/want anything and I'll do my best to accomodate. It would be great to meet you in person.
I'll be working most of the week but I can arrange for flex time.

Garr O.

Depending on my mother-in-law (she is very ill and 90 y.o.), I am supposed to be arriving Charlotte County (PGD) on Monday. Wife says if we go she doesn't want to stay the entire week but I should be there 3-4 days.

Sharkey's at VNC for lunch one day?

Alan said:

As long as you don't bring too big of a crowd - on me.

I am over in Sebring. I think a lunch at sharkys would be a good call. If I am free the day everyone gets together I will come on over.

Alan said:
Depending on my mother-in-law (she is very ill and 90 y.o.), I am supposed to be arriving Charlotte County (PGD) on Monday. Wife says if we go she doesn't want to stay the entire week but I should be there 3-4 days.

Sharkey's sounds great!

Ken Ibold said:
Sharkey's sounds great!

Oh man - I wish I could join you guys. Sharkey's is awesome! My grandparents and aunt live in Sarasota. Every time I come to visit we go down there at least once, usually after walking out on the piers a bit north to watch the manatees.

You've officially made me jealous.

I lived in Florida, my mom lives in Bradenton (north of Sarasota), my sister is in Lake WOrth, and cousins spread all around. I have have never heard of Sharkey's. Where is it and what is it?

smigaldi said:
When you are down here next week fly into Everglades City, cool airport and a shuttle to the resturants. You'll like the short field with water on 3 sides of the runway.

Fresh stone crab claws too

smigaldi said:
I lived in Florida, my mom lives in Bradenton (north of Sarasota), my sister is in Lake WOrth, and cousins spread all around. I have have never heard of Sharkey's. Where is it and what is it?

Its great seafood. Just around the corner from the Venice airport, and it has a giant pier that goes way out into the gulf. Its usually pretty busy at night, but its worth it.

I really love that place.

Sharky's it is.

Tuesday or Wednesday is best for me. How bout y'all?

I should be able to adjust my schedule around whatever time is best for everyone.

Alan said:
Sharky's it is.

Tuesday is out for sure, Wednesday maybe. Thursday is even better...

Wow!! This is startin to sound like a mini gig!! Wish I could be out that way. Y'all have a great time and take some picks!

Dave

We are going down to key west next week and probably going to make a stop in naples...might work if you guys wanted to get together on tuesday or friday.

Last edited:
smigaldi said:
Very popular resturant on the beach right next to the Venice airport. Great seafood and other fare. The only downside is it can be a long wait to get a table at times.

http://www.4sarasota.com/review/sharkys.html

Alan said:
Sharky's it is.

Got to VNC Friday evening. Either Tues or Wed should be fine for me.

Last edited:
Hmm.. Florida sounds nice.

I'm stuck in Des Moines right now. This damn front is crawling. I've been stuck here since Friday and by the looks of the forecasts I might not even be able to make it back for work on Monday. Oh well. Such is life.

Lets take a poll on this for who can come on which days.

Tuesday is virtually out unless we meet around 4-5.
Wednesday will be tuff but I should be able to fit it in around 3?

If nothing rips, tears, or wrinkles I'll be at Sharkey's for lunch on Wednesday at 11:30 AM. Who else can make this?

I plan to leave KY on Monday morning. Winds should be favorable so It'll be a 3 hour or so trip. Tuesday to chill and maybe heading home on Thursday (Mother in Law is very ill). So Wednesday is best for me.

Alan said:
If nothing rips, tears, or wrinkles I'll be at Sharkey's for lunch on Wednesday at 11:30 AM. Who else can make this?

I plan to leave KY on Monday morning. Winds should be favorable so It'll be a 3 hour or so trip. Tuesday to chill and maybe heading home on Thursday (Mother in Law is very ill). So Wednesday is best for me.

Count me in.

I will try to move some things around for Wednesday around 11:30, is anyone going to be flying in for this?

robsingles said:
I will try to move some things around for Wednesday around 11:30, is anyone going to be flying in for this?

It would be a short trip for me since my plane is parked at KVNC. Of course we might go flying after lunch.

I'll need to check with my boss on Tuesday to make sure I can take off but I expect to be there.

robsingles said:

I'd sure like to, but I'm having trouble finding any decent planes for rent. Lots of rentals lost to hurricanes, it sounds like... Including the DA40 at HWO that I really wanted to fly. :(

If anyone's flying over from the right coast and wants to give me a ride from OPF or HWO, give me a ring at (414) 305-2447. Otherwise, I'll see y'all at Gaston's!

Ken and I plan to show up around 11:30 tomorrow. Alan, Rob, and Gary are you still on?

Kent, there's gotta be a rental over there somewhere.

lancefisher said:
Ken and I plan to show up around 11:30 tomorrow. Alan, Rob, and Gary are you still on?

I am going to try my best! might be around noon for me. Look for the "kid" with the cast on his arm and thumb.

robsingles said:
I am going to try my best! might be around noon for me. Look for the "kid" with the cast on his arm and thumb.

We'll make a good pair. I've got a broken arm but no cast! Look for someone with grey going on white hair in a pea green shirt with a Stearman logo on it.

lancefisher said:

Yep. I'll be there. Driving up from Boca Grande.

I guess we'll meet up somehow. If no one else is there, I'll be sitting on the bench out front. My son may come with me (he's still in bed right now).

Sorry I am not going to be able to make it. I cut through a tendon in my thumb on Sunday night, and had surgery yesterday. I woke up this morning and decided it would be a little much for me to drive 2 1/2 hours on one hand. I hope the food was good, once again sorry for not making it.

robsingles said:
Sorry I am not going to be able to make it. I cut through a tendon in my thumb on Sunday night, and had surgery yesterday. I woke up this morning and decided it would be a little much for me to drive 2 1/2 hours on one hand. I hope the food was good, once again sorry for not making it.

Ouch!

Back