Who sold my cell number?

Richard

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ack...city life
Now I'm mad! It was 3 days ago I started receiving unsolicited calls from business trying to sell me something or telling me congratulations on my winning something.

NASCAR wants me to renew my membership (the one I never had); some company called PRS Sweeps wants to give me valuable stuff (worth thousands of dollars); a company called POS Enterprises (hahaha) offers their hearty congratulations because I beat the odds in winning their Grand Prize. I did not know this. Thankfully, they reached me just in time before the deadline for me to collect my booty; Data Green (who?) really wants to send me the 18 CD set which is rightfully mine but they can't until I provide additional information.

Even more weird is the medical billing office which "...represents the largest hospital in the world". This is NOT an attempt to collect a debt, they want me to sign up with them in case of catastrophic accident. Evidently, such injury is right around the corner so I best hurry!

Their numbers are, of course, restricted and unavailable. When I ask for names and numbers they hang up on me. I doubt any of them will follow through with my stern requests to put me on their do not call list.

Every now and then, I get calls from pharmacies, with Indian telemarketers, who want me to buy vicoden, xanax and soma from them. Alot of times, I just tell them that they have the wrong number. Sometimes, I have fun telling them I am going to press charges because my 14 year old daughter got pills from them and sold them to her school friends and I ask for their information. They get all defensive then hang up!

Y'all considered the possibility that someone's using your cell number for nefarious purposes (like a false identity)? In any event, even though telemarketers don't seem to call numbers they know to be cell phones, I put my cell phone on the national DNC list, and I don't get any telemarketing calls on it.

Y'all considered the possibility that someone's using your cell number for nefarious purposes (like a false identity)? In any event, even though telemarketers don't seem to call numbers they know to be cell phones, I put my cell phone on the national DNC list, and I don't get any telemarketing calls on it.

I don't think so. They ask for me by my name. I am on the do not call list, but that doesn't stop them. These calls only happen once and a while. I will be really upset if I start getting those text ones!:mad: I get those on my work phone.

I've gotten like three calls over a long period of time from a Florida number, on my home wired line, "This is about your credit card account. There is no problem but...."

I have reported it but these teefs change phone numbers.

I'm tellin' ya. This works. http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/complaints.html

Tell each of them to stop. Then turn 'em in if you're on the do-not-call list.

Within 48 hours of my getting a new phoneline (before Verizon even got it working), my new number was sold and I was getting telemarketing literally from the minute that Verizon made it work.

Verizon still hasn't gotten the billing correct.

They failed to deliver two credits that total $75. One of them they acknowledged when I called. ANd their website failed to note that there would be a $7.00 "basic service charge" that was not included in the package price shown, but is included in any other service plan you choose. That is outright false advertising or fraud.

Phone companies can go to ****.

I sold it, Richard, but if it makes you feel any better, I only got like $20 for it.

Isn't there a way you can block calls whose ID is restricted?

Privacy Manager service makes them tell you who they are before the phone rings. It doesn't add much these days because most scum have no problem having a non-informative Caller ID and "Cellular call" and "Maryland Call" will bypass it.

Back