Who is Next to You

TUS-DEN earlier this month. Two trays down makes a nice baby changing station!

Wow, you guys/gals have had some pretty horrendous experiences. Mine have been pretty bland. Only excitement was a short hop from Wenatchee, WA (KEAT) to KSEA on a Horizon Dash-8.

Weather was crappy leaving Pangborn and it was lumpy for the entire 35 minute flight. I sat there, drinking my glass of (free) wine (before it splashed all over me) and the listening to the ice chunks break off the prop and hit the fuselage. Woman next to me was pale and sweaty and asked how I could be so calm when she was sure we were all going to die.

I laughed and told her that I was a pilot and that this was normal spring weather over the Cascades, it was no big deal and the plane could handle it and the flight crew knew what they were doing. But I did tell her that if "I" started screaming, then yes, she should start to worry. She calmed down and eased up on the death grip she had on the seat arm.

I usually try to be the last one off the plane (I hate wading out with the herd), and the FA thanked me for calming the lady down. She was afraid the woman was gonna lose it and either have a panic attack or puke all over the place.

The best part is that the flight attendants usually call me by name or they call me Thunder Bob --- That's my new nickname BTW.... someone just joking called me that with no meaning behind it. Then someone point out that it would be an awesome nickname once I made Captain.... Then I'd be Captain Thunder :D

Bob

That, or your future FO is gonna have to keep you away from that TexMex dive.

(crud.. I just started a craving for enchiladas)

I have a trip this week on AA, DFW > MCO, riding middle seat both directions. This thread has me wondering what my experience is gonna be like.

I have a trip this week on AA, DFW > MCO, riding middle seat both directions. This thread has me wondering what my experience is gonna be like.

Why wonder? Go grab a co-worker with a sub-compact car. Ask them to fondle you and then drive you to lunch.

Ask The two fattest co-workers you can find to go with you.

Insist on all three of you getting in the back seat.

Drive at least two hours away for lunch. Have the front seat passenger pour you about three ounces of liquid into the flimsiest plastic cups you can find. Completely fill it with ice first. Have them pour all three of you a beverage like this one and spend the next ten minutes wacking elbows with the southpaw (or if you're the southpaw same thing).

The More You Know...

Back