Who filed a flight plan?

genna

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
ТУ-104
Is there a way to find out who filed an IFR flight plan?

Edit: "who" as in name of the person, not the tail number

Last edited:
Flightaware...well it doesn't actually show IFR vs VFR but if they filed, it'll show up.

I'm not certain, but I don't think FlightAware shows VFR flight plans.

Or are you asking if there's a way to find out which individual put the flight plan into the system? (As in "Dave, what the hell, did you file a flight plan with my tail number"?) If so, I don't think there is.

I'm not certain, but I don't think FlightAware shows VFR flight plans.
I'm pretty sure Flightaware doesn't show VFR flight plans. It only shows flights in the NAS system, IFRs and most VFR flights for the part of any flight that used flight following. There are some exceptions to that, as I'm pretty sure the flight data has to be in the national system for FA to get it. So if you get only a "local" beacon code (say for a short VFR flight that doesn't cross airspace boundaries), I don't think FA will show the flight.

Yes, which individual.. the name. FA doesn't show it...

Yes, which individual.. the name. FA doesn't show it...

Did you search the tail #? I just checked on FA earlier today for a friend who flew IFR and it showed his tail number and ETD.

Did you search the tail #? I just checked on FA earlier today for a friend who flew IFR and it showed his tail number and ETD.
It doesn't show who the PIC or who actually filed the flight plan though. You'd probably have to submit a FOIA request to obtain that information.

You could try a subpoena, court order, or FOIA request. Maybe not in that order.

that

Havent some media and other snooping types FIOAed flight plans??

I doubt ATC even sees that part of the flight plan.

It doesn't show who the PIC or who actually filed the flight plan though. You'd probably have to submit a FOIA request to obtain that information.

Oh, thought the OP just wanted to know if a certain plane filed. Yeah, not gonna get the PIC's name on FA.

yeah, ok.. kind of expected that to not be available.. not important enough for foia/court stuff

that

Havent some media and other snooping types FIOAed flight plans??

I doubt ATC even sees that part of the flight plan.

They don't. Along with other things such as phone #, POB, color aircraft, etc.

Didn't in that show about repossessing airplanes, they were able to find if a flightplan was filed? I vaguely remember them waiting at the arrival airport waiting on the plane. May have been a plot device...

Didn't in that show about repossessing airplanes, they were able to find if a flightplan was filed? I vaguely remember them waiting at the arrival airport waiting on the plane. May have been a plot device...

Well aside from that show being as fake as a 3 dollar bill.

Finding a plane is one thing, between ADSB exchange and flightaware, that's easy

Finding the info that's not there, like PIC, SOB, fuel, etc, that's probably going to be a FOIA or subpoena kinda thing

Back