Which tablet/convertible notebook

bigred177

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
bigred
I am wanting something I can use for GPS in the plane and still have other functions. I really like the tablet idea but I don't want to pay the price for a new one. I know all three of these are discontinued, and I would put a SSD in whichever one I got. There are still lots of parts out there and I feel like I could piece it back together if it broke. GPS would be done with a BT GPS receiver and OZIexplorer. Probably have OneNote open too to jot stuff down in flight. I don't want an IPAD.

Ideally this would be used primarily in the plane and at the destination to check internet and such on, but I would like to use it in school too. I think the touchscreen with OneNote would be useful since I take notes on paper now.

HP TC-1100, slowest processor speed and I would upgrade the ram to 2GB, but it is a true tablet and seems mighty convenient.

TC-4200, Real keyboard all the time and faster, but a little bigger and heavier.

TC-4400, Same as 4200 with dual core processor.

I can find any of these up to $250, so which of these would be best for my "mission"? I'm also open to suggestions on something that might be better in the same price range.

Thanks guys.

Back