Which O-200 Engine Mount Bushings

buzzard86

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Jim R
I need to replace the engine mount bushings on the O-200 in my C150. Aircraft Spruce appears to carry two replacements: a generic Continental 22387 for $2.47/each and the more expensive Lord J-3601-1 bushing for $16.95/each.

Are that Lords that much better?

Thanks.
Jim

Bushings usually last the life of the mounts. Why are you needing to replace them?

Bushings usually last the life of the mounts. Why are you needing to replace them?

My current mounts are >12 years old and have been outside most of this time. The rubber is getting dry and scrapes away easily when you drag your nail over it. I am chasing a very subtle but persistent engine vibration and my mechanic thinks that replacing the mounts is the next logical step.

I may be incorrectly interchanging the words bushing and mount and I learn more about this process. I thought that the mount was the assembly that included the rubber bushings, a spacer, and various seats, washers and a bolt. I thought I was just replacing the rubber components.

On closer look, I noticed that the Lords are listed as "engine mounts." Is the Lord product presumably more than just a bushing?

This is the 22387:
22387.jpg

That's NOT what your engine uses. The 22387 fits the old A- and C-series engines.

Yours needs this affair:

Dscf8039.jpg

Each mount has a couple of steel cups, the rubber, and an internal spacer. I don't have a part number handy here.

Dan

Last edited:
Thanks, Dan. That's the one that had me confused. The Spruce listing says it fits C65-90 through O-200B so I presumed that meant my engine as well.

Will stick with the Lord mounts.

Jim

Thanks, Dan. That's the one that had me confused. The Spruce listing says it fits C65-90 through O-200B so I presumed that meant my engine as well.

Will stick with the Lord mounts.

Jim

You will not be disappointed.
Changed mine on my 182 last year. The Lord mounts are definitely worth their price.

This is the 22387:
22387.jpg

That's NOT what your engine uses. The 22387 fits the old A- and C-series engines.

Yours needs this affair:

Dscf8039.jpg

Each mount has a couple of steel cups, the rubber, and an internal spacer. I don't have a part number handy here.

Dan
This is the 22387:
22387.jpg

Yours needs this affair:

Dscf8039.jpg

Dan
Where can I find a complete kit like this for a 0-200 engine?

https://www.fresnoairpartsco.com/product/lord-mount-assembly/

No bolts. The length can vary depending on aircraft model, as the engine mount itself could have varying tube lengths for the bolts.
Dan… thank you Sir! I finally found the items on Aircraft Spruce after I posted my question here, but Fresno Air Parts is much less expensive.

I appreciate your quick response. If you’re ever near Newton, Iowa (KTNU) let me know. I’ve got two hangars, one with a Man Cave. ✈️

Back