Which Airport, part II

Speed

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Speed
Here's a pic from my last trip. Any takers?

Can't be... Unless the approach markings have changed. I've got no clue. :)

I can see in the background a very flat terrain. I will have to guess. Is it KICT? facing west, (can't read the numbers at the end of the runway)

John J

John J said:
I can see in the background a very flat terrain. I will have to guess. Is it KICT? facing west, (can't read the numbers at the end of the runway)

John J

You're getting closer... Here's a slightly more expanded view. It's runway 07.

Speed said:

Does anywhere but DIA have those tent tops on the concourse? See upper left of expanded photo.

Ed Guthrie said:
Does anywhere but DIA have those tent tops on the concourse? See upper left of expanded photo.

I think I recognize the rental car facility.

Sigh.

N2212R said:
compare the path of the service roads:

As Bill Suffa mentioned, for some of us the embarassing point was realizing that we recognized the rental car facility (Bill) or the Conoco station (me), not the aviation facility (RWY & taxiways).

Speed said:

Thank you for the expanded view. Yes it does look like KDIA. The taxiways and the Tent tops help a lot in the ID. Landed there 10 years ago and the taxi to the gate seemed longer than the flight.

John J

John J said:
Thank you for the expanded view. Yes it does look like KDIA. The taxiways and the Tent tops help a lot in the ID. Landed there 10 years ago and the taxi to the gate seemed longer than the flight.

John J

As the world waited, and waited, and waited some more for DIA to open and DEN to close, I was flying late one night through Denver approach air space when the controller comes on freq. and says, "You want to hear a joke?" I reply, "Go", to which he says, "What's the difference between the new Denver airport and the White House?" I mull it over for a few minutes and then tell him that I don't know. The controller replies, "An airplane has landed at the White House."

Ed Guthrie said:
The controller replies, "An airplane has landed at the White House."

LOL, that's pretty bad... Yeah, it's DIA, aka 'Pena's Folly'. I thought I had cut enough of the terminal out so you couldn't see the tent, but didn't think about the car lots!

Speed said:
LOL, that's pretty bad... Yeah, it's DIA, aka 'Pena's Folly'. I thought I had cut enough of the terminal out so you couldn't see the tent, but didn't think about the car lots!

Some of us have spent way, way too much time there....

wsuffa said:
Some of us have spent way, way too much time there....

Some time ago one of you guys wrote one of the funniest things I have every read on the AOPA board. About arriving at the airport because the flight was late and everything being closed. Part of it involved catching naps in between the every-two-minute recorded announcement about leaving bags unguarded. Does anyone else remember that or by chance have a copy of it? I'd love to read it again.

Ed Guthrie said:
As Bill Suffa mentioned, for some of us the embarassing point was realizing that we recognized the rental car facility (Bill) or the Conoco station (me), not the aviation facility (RWY & taxiways).

Embarassing it is - as soon as I saw the expanded I recognized the National Rental lot. Way too many trips to Denver in the last 10 years for me>:yes:

For the sake of accuracy there is no KDIA. KDEN just moved. It is Denver International not Stapleton but the identifier is KDEN.

Eric

Ed Guthrie said:
As the world waited, and waited, and waited some more for DIA to open and DEN to close, I was flying late one night through Denver approach air space when the controller comes on freq. and says, "You want to hear a joke?" I reply, "Go", to which he says, "What's the difference between the new Denver airport and the White House?" I mull it over for a few minutes and then tell him that I don't know. The controller replies, "An airplane has landed at the White House."

Ed;

As a day late I thank you for your post. My son kept saying "when are we going to get there" LOL

John J

Back