Where's the camera when you need one...

wsuffa

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bill S.
I made the long drive from Texas to DC this weekend with the last carload of "stuff" from the house. The routing is pretty simple: I-35 to Dallas, I-30 to Little Rock, I-40 to I-81 (east of Knoxville), then I-81 to I-66 to the Beltway. Overnight at Jackson, TN.

Alongside I-81, near Wytheville, VA, lies the Mountain Empire airport. There was (yesterday) a fly-in/local event w/static displays, and some tours. Pretty good sized event for a small airport. But best of all, parked proudly on the ramp as part of the display, was the Piedmont DC-3, in full livery: http://www.carolinasaviation.org/collections/aircraft/dc3n44v.html

But.... no camera with me....

Wow! It served as a Piedmont airliner starting way back in 1986! :dunno:

Wow! It served as a Piedmont airliner starting way back in 1986! :dunno:

At least Piedmont went to the trouble of obtaining and restoring the mainstay of their earlier fleet. Unlike some others....

Piedmont. The last great airline. Destroyed by Allegheny a/k/a USair.

Well, I'm sure if you re-upped with Verizon, they'd give you a nice camera phone you could always have with you. ;)

BTW, how much of that load would've fit in your Commander?

-Rich

Well, I'm sure if you re-upped with Verizon, they'd give you a nice camera phone you could always have with you. ;)

I have a Verizon camera phone. I refuse to use the camera portion - it doesn't even cost me as much to make a print as it does to send the da^^ thing through VZs network. FWIW, I got yet another call from those clowns last week, trying to strong-arm me into getting back on a new contract. "Why wouldn't you want to be on a contract?" they asked. I finally ended the call with "What part of 'I will remain month to month and NOT sign a new contract' do you not understand?"

BTW, how much of that load would've fit in your Commander?

-Rich

Good question. I did have it at max-gross and a more-rearward-than-normal CG when I flew it up here from Texas, loaded with the server and other household stuff. Performed quite well, thank you....

Back