Where have all the Bees gone...

I vote for 2 & 4.
If they only knew the importance of those bee's.
Moving that hive would have be so easy, and safe. The queen was inside there somewhere, That's why they were there. A few phone calls and someone would have been glad to come get them. What a sad display of idiocy.

Three kids are in the apartment complex and now they only have two safe swings. Now to replace the two that he set fire/arson to cost about $10 each on the cheap end and $30 on the higher end. Two cans of bee spray what, $2.99 a can, If they could not get someone to remove the bees. hummm I am going to say Darwin Award Winner.

Last edited:
I vote for worthless. And stupid. And darwin award. That too.

All they had to do was call a flippin' beekeeper - who would have LOVED to have taken the swarm. And lord knows we need all the bees we can find, these days.

The only thing as dumb as these two idiots ... well, did you read the "comments"? Apparently 11 year olds DO post on the 'Net. Sheesh.

Two cans of bee spray what, $2.99 a can, If they could not get someone to remove the bees.

Bee spray just stirs them up and the ones that get hit take a while to die. The ones that are missed get seriously torqued off for disturbing them.

Correct answer:
#5 Just piddling around and not serious about killing bees.

One is either in a fight to kill the enemy or one shouldn't be in the fight to start with.

Based on first hand experience: Two inches of 100LL in the bottom of a 4 diameter glass jar will take out a very heavily defended 3ft diameter hornet nest instantly. No fire of any kind required. Just calmly walk up and toss the fuel at the nest just like you toss fuel out of your fuel cup during a preflight. 100% kill rate instantly. The fight is over before it starts. They just fall straight down to the ground completely dead..all of them. No survivors.
Turns out that 2" of 100LL was way serious overkill. I could have probably used half that amount with the same results.

That's what you do to hostile bees. For honey bees, just call the local bee keeper and he'll be more than happy to come out and give them a new home.

I vote for worthless. And stupid. And darwin award. That too.

All they had to do was call a flippin' beekeeper - who would have LOVED to have taken the swarm. And lord knows we need all the bees we can find, these days.

The only thing as dumb as these two idiots ... well, did you read the "comments"? Apparently 11 year olds DO post on the 'Net. Sheesh.

Absolutely worthless wastes of skin and protoplasm. To call that guy a moron is to do a great disservice to morons everywhere.

That's from February 2004. If that's why the bees are disappearing today, then that hive must have had the Adam and Eve of bees in it.

That's from February 2004...
Actually, it's December 23, 2006, you're reading the wrong date.

In any case, I don't see why this couldn't be the cause of bee scarcity, even if it occured long ago. For instance, the bees might have seen this video, determined that humans are all hopeless rednecks, and returned to their home planet in disgust. Or the bees might be amassing their forces in hiding, planning a retaliation.
-harry

Actually, it's December 23, 2006, you're reading the wrong date.

In any case, I don't see why this couldn't be the cause of bee scarcity, even if it occured long ago. For instance, the bees might have seen this video, determined that humans are all hopeless rednecks, and returned to their home planet in disgust. Or the bees might be amassing their forces in hiding, planning a retaliation.
-harry
Harry, if your premise is correct... could it work in Hollywood?

I vote for 2 & 4.
If they only knew the importance of those bee's.
Moving that hive would have be so easy, and safe. The queen was inside there somewhere, That's why they were there. A few phone calls and someone would have been glad to come get them. What a sad display of idiocy.

I agree. Concerned about the lack of normal honey bees this year, I placed some 4 dozen larvae pods and 2 drilled bee blocks of wood for mason orchard bees in each of two gardens this spring.

One is now almost full of mud sealed egg chambers for next year while the other one has nothing.

Back