Where has he gone?

redcloud

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
scott keyes
Admittedly, I am not as active a forum member as most, nor do I know any of you personally; However I sincerely miss Dr. Chien's posts and inputs. He seemed to provide some of the best, and most useful advice. Couldn't someone who know's him well convince him to return. The forum is at a loss without his attention to it!

Scott

redcloud said:
Admittedly, I am not as active a forum member as most, nor do I know any of you personally; However I sincerely miss Dr. Chien's posts and inputs. He seemed to provide some of the best, and most useful advice. Couldn't someone who know's him well convince him to return. The forum is at a loss without his attention to it!

Scott

I agree, it's not the same without him.

Bruce is a great guy; has a lot going on. Chatted with him briefly and he was still pretty chapped that some folks had given him a hard time. He sure doesn't rate it.

Don't want to speak for him, but some things would have to change IMHO before we'd see him contributing again.

Dave

I think we should give it a bit more time. Bruce is rather dedicated to good causes and I suspect that in a while he'll be back.

I've seen a recent post from Dr. Bruce on the other board. He is still offering helpful opinions to pilots with medical questions.

Yes, we do miss him here.

Jim

I think Dave has it pretty well summed up. I saw Bruce at AOPA EXPO and had the pleasure of chatting with him for a few minutes. I did tell him that many of the POA folks had asked that if I saw him at EXPO to tell him we want him back. He very politly basically said that he had a low tolerance for BS. We left it at that. Hopefully everyone will make nice and we can get both he and Ken Ibold back.

Dr. Bruce, if you're "lurking"...we really miss you. I don't blame you for getting out of Dodge. It's just truly awful what happened. Isn't it amazing how some people take advantage of public and semi-public forums like this to abuse what they don't have to pay for? (e.g. the advice and experience of Dr Bruce and others.) And then, when those very special, one-of-a-kind human resources are lost, everyone suffers.

Sigh.

terry

Dr. Bruce's medical input has always and will always be welcome at these forums. We are saddened that his decision to step down from the Management Council was also apparently a decision to leave these forums.

I believe that Bruce was receiving some unpleasant messages on the side regarding some things he was saying/doing on this board, and he just doesn't care to have that happen. Once again, a few bozos mess it up for the larger population.

Ron Levy said:
I believe that Bruce was receiving some unpleasant messages on the side regarding some things he was saying/doing on this board, and he just doesn't care to have that happen. Once again, a few bozos mess it up for the larger population.

This is a crying shame... I missed the sequence of events that lead up to Dr. B leaving, but am saddened by the loss of one of the truly giving individuals to grace this board.

If you read this Bruce, please re-consider!

n741dm said:
This is a crying shame... I missed the sequence of events that lead up to Dr. B leaving, but am saddened by the loss of one of the truly giving individuals to grace this board.

If you read this Bruce, please re-consider!

Worst thing is, we all did; apparently, all controversy was behind the scenes.

The children always suffer the most!

SCCutler said:
Worst thing is, we all did; apparently, all controversy was behind the scenes.

The children always suffer the most!
Some may have gone on behind the scenes but there was that post......no, wait.....that was Robert. Never mind. Well, another good one was chased away. My worst fear is I may have played a part in it. No, I didn't do anything off board but I know I have a sometimes different slant on things. That can grate on people sometimes.

I suspect the good Dr. Chien is a very busy man who delights in voluntarily giving of himself and his time. That is, until it becomes too much bother because of ungratefulness.

Back