Where do you live?

Ken Ibold

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ken Ibold
So I was poking around on Google Earth checking out the levees etc of New Orleans, when I decided to also check out its aerial views of my new city.

One thing led to another. The coordinates it gives for my house are 30 deg, 16 min, 45.00 N, 81 deg 27 min 59.28 W. I'll have to check that against my GPS sometime. My hangar is 30 20 02.14N and 81 31 01.35W.

Drop in and say hi!

Most of us stalkers are usually more subtle than this, Ken. Do you need the latest Stalker Information Handbook? ;)

Ken Ibold said:
Two words: gated community
LOL...I was talking about your stalkees. ;)

Besides, gated communities are easier to access than most people realize. Two words: social engineering.

Brian Austin said:
LOL...I was talking about your stalkees. ;)

Besides, gated communities are easier to access than most people realize. Two words: social engineering.

Two more words.....Smith and Wesson. :D:D

Frank Browne said:
Two more words.....Smith and Wesson. :D:D
That's 3 words ... :D I think the sound of the 12 ga. action slamming shut in the dark might be an even bigger deterrent than the sound of the slide closing on the .45

gkainz said:
That's 3 words ... :D I think the sound of the 12 ga. action slamming shut in the dark might be an even bigger deterrent than the sound of the slide closing on the .45

Good point...close range with a 12 ga. is not a good combination to be on the receiving end. However, when I think of S&W I'm thinking .44 mag. Not sure if they produce a 45.

edit: not sure what I was thinking they have TONS of different models including the 1911 ACP.

Last edited:
Come see us at 33 Degrees 34' 19.11'' N, 84 Degrees 3' 4.14" West.
Wag the wings when you go over so we'll know who you are.

gkainz said:

Picky, picky, picky.:p You're right about the sound of 12 ga. shell slamming into the chamber. No misstaking it with anything else. :hairraise:

T Bone said:
In a van by the river...... (nah, it's been used :D ).

In a RV by the river would do very nicely right about now...which is just about the current plan as soon as I can find some affordable land.

As for security: Colt says no trespassing and the vandalism will stop.

When I put my address into Google Earth it tells me that I live 6 houses west of my actual location. At least it has me on the right street.

gkainz said:

It is, especially on a pump. The Browning Auto-Five didn't make the same statement as a nice Remington pump.

:)

terry

I have a place 1 mile due south of the SOGBE intersection.....

T Bone said:
In a van by the river...... (nah, it's been used :D ).

Ha, ha. Matt Foley, aka Tommy Boy, aka Chris Farley. One of the funniest skits on SNL I've ever seen.

And I prefer a C-96 Mauser Broomhandle, with optional shoulder stock. Call me old fashioned.

No matter what you've got.. it doesn't do you any good if you don't know how to use it!

Dakota Duce

"May All Your Flights Be Of Good Weather!"

47 34 05 N
122 55 35 W

About 47 MSL

That's when I'm home.

35 39 35 N
139 44 43 E right now sitting in a meeting

35 39 32 N
139 44 53 E at night (hotel)

Shiba district of Tokyo. It'll be nice to get home on Saturday.

42 04 44.63 N
71 37 56.20 W

Call first... but come say Hi if you are in the neighborhood! I'll throw something on the smoker. The fridge is stocked with beer, the wine is always flowing, and there is plenty of bourbon for those of us who seek a higher calling in life :goofy:

Cheers,

-Andrew

40.15.19.60 N
76.51.35.18 W
And my prefered weapon of choice is my S&W model 57 in 41 Mag.

Hey this isn't my home, but check this out

37 14 13 N
115 48 19 W
elev. 4458

Rudy said:
Hey this isn't my home, but check this out

37 14 13 N
115 48 19 W
elev. 4458

I recognize that one anywhere. Awesome quality of the area!!

Look closely at that airplane on the taxiway (probably JANET, I'd assume). What the heck is wrong with its left wing?

I am at: 32 14' 39.83" N
106 42' 26.63" W

Zoom out to see what the neighbor did with his empty crushed pecan hulls
Don

Don Jones said:
I am at: 32 14' 39.83" N
106 42' 26.63" W

Zoom out to see what the neighbor did with his empty crushed pecan hulls
Don

LOL - is that really how he did that? Amazing.

astanley said:
42 04 44.63 N
71 37 56.20 W

Call first... but come say Hi if you are in the neighborhood! I'll throw something on the smoker. The fridge is stocked with beer, the wine is always flowing, and there is plenty of bourbon for those of us who seek a higher calling in life :goofy:

Cheers,

-Andrew

Wild Turkey straight with ice water chaser? No...wait...I'm not 25 anymore. Darn. Better make it Old Granddad. :cheerswine::cheerswine:

Last edited:
I can't get it to work. Alas.....

NickDBrennan said:
I recognize that one anywhere. Awesome quality of the area!!

Look closely at that airplane on the taxiway (probably JANET, I'd assume). What the heck is wrong with its left wing?

Nick,

Where is it? And how can you see an airplane close enough to see something wrong with it? I can't even see an airplane, and it won't let me zoom in past the 2000 foot scale.

judypilot said:
East of Dee and Ghery.

Judy

Yup. Both when I'm home and here (Tokyo). Eastern Washington / northern Idaho is such a wonderful place.

As close as I can tell, my house is at
N 44:52'48.5" W 93:38'43.0"
I can't actually see the house, apparently the image processing algorithms decided my roof looked like trees. I can see my dock, boat lifts and raft though.

and my hangar is at
N 44:49'48.5" W 93:27'40.5".

FWIW this is where I grew up (or more accurately where I lived until I was 18).

N 42:29'48.9" W 82:53'07.8"

Last edited:
flyingcheesehead said:
Nick,

Where is it? And how can you see an airplane close enough to see something wrong with it? I can't even see an airplane, and it won't let me zoom in past the 2000 foot scale.

Really?? Here's what I got:

Back