Where am I? Airport Check

silver-eagle

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
~John
If you need hints, let me know. These are 5 by 7s (sort of; larger available)
Bonus points: if you can identify WHERE the pics were take from.

Attachments

• Where am I one.jpg
    Where am I one.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 48
  • where am I two.jpg
    where am I two.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 52
  • where am I three.jpg
    where am I three.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 59
  • Where am I four.jpg
    Where am I four.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 47
  • Where am I five.jpg
    Where am I five.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 49
1) Vegas
2) From the fake Eiffel Tower or some hotel?

Wow. This did not last as long as I expected. I was expecting all kinds of stuff before LV. Las Vegas (KLAS) is correct. And some hotel is also correct. The question is where.

Mandalay Bay -- perhaps from the restaurant at the top?

Attachments

• Dsc04114.jpg
    Dsc04114.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Dsc04118.jpg
    Dsc04118.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Dsc04133.jpg
    Dsc04133.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Dsc04134.jpg
    Dsc04134.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 11
Is this close enough?

HPIM1514.JPG

Here is an alternate (more distant) view of the same airport.

HPIM1513.JPG

Last edited:
I'm going with Mandalay Bay too since it's gold colored and overlooks the airport. Here's my picture from the airport looking up at the hotel. It might look familiar to some...

831.jpg

John,
Just curious how recent are those photos. They look to me like they were taken in the winter.
DW

Pictures were take Oct 3rd from the Foundation Room on top of Mandalay Bay. The company that put the class on sponsored an evening there. Quite a nice view.

Attachments

• DSCN4876.JPG
    DSCN4876.JPG
    901.7 KB · Views: 9
Pictures were take Oct 3rd from the Foundation Room on top of Mandalay Bay. The company that put the class on sponsored an evening there. Quite a nice view.

Wow.. That is one heckuva view! Much better than my view from that tiny little 'hotel' on the right just shy of MGM Grand (Tropicana).

That was only my view that night. The class (and the hotel room) was about 10 miles south in Henderson at the Sunset Station. (See below.)
But it was a nice night out and the only time I got to the strip the entire time I was there.

Attachments

• DSCN4962.JPG
    DSCN4962.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 8
That was only my view that night. The class (and the hotel room) was about 10 miles south in Henderson at the Sunset Station. (See below.)
But it was a nice night out and the only time I got to the strip the entire time I was there.

Ahh.. Yeah.. I remember passing the Sunset Station on the way to HND. Pretty good view of the strip from even there, though!

Back