When you can't fly it....

Rudy

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Rudy
Clean it??

I went to the airport the other day and de-bugged the Cherokee. I was planning on being there about an hour, but ended up staying for 3.

I washed and waxed her. I forgot to take before pictures, but here are some after the cleaning.

Attachments

• clean694.JPG
    clean694.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
  • piperclean.JPG
    piperclean.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 22
Did the same with my Cherokee a few days ago. We actually had 86 degrees (I think it was 1 March - in north west Arkansas). The wind was so gusty though that it didn't look like flying would be fun so I reluctantly just put it away. It has been so long since it had been washed I expected it to refuse to fly from shock but I took it up yesterday and it seemed to have recovered. I sure like your paint scheme.

Bobby Day said:
Did the same with my Cherokee a few days ago. We actually had 86 degrees (I think it was 1 March - in north west Arkansas). The wind was so gusty though that it didn't look like flying would be fun so I reluctantly just put it away. It has been so long since it had been washed I expected it to refuse to fly from shock but I took it up yesterday and it seemed to have recovered. I sure like your paint scheme.

Yeah, it has been awful gusty around here, too!
Thanks for the compliment on my paint scheme.

Your not to far from me at all,
I go to college with someone from Clarksville!

Best,

Rudy said:
Clean it??

I went to the airport the other day and de-bugged the Cherokee. I was planning on being there about an hour, but ended up staying for 3.

I washed and waxed her. I forgot to take before pictures, but here are some after the cleaning.

Looks pretty. Ummm I am going to be in KC in less than a month. If you want you can come over and wash and wax mine and I'll let you fly her?? :rolleyes::D:goofy:

smigaldi said:
Looks pretty. Ummm I am going to be in KC in less than a month. If you want you can come over and wash and wax mine and I'll let you fly her?? :rolleyes::D:goofy:
Haha, that is tempting!

Rudy said:
Clean it??

Thanks for the photos, Rudy; gorgeous. I recently purchased a hangar(the end unit) and am looking forward to doing casual Skyhawk maintenance in any weather. I'm awaiting contact from a guy who does blown-in insulation on the interior of hangars. Reports are that it's really good in these Northeastern parts.
Question for anyone: How much efficiency might I gain when using a space heater inside?

HR

Attachments

• 014_14.JPG
    014_14.JPG
    322.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 015_15.JPG
    015_15.JPG
    339.3 KB · Views: 9
Rudy said:
Yeah, it has been awful gusty around here, too!
Thanks for the compliment on my paint scheme.

Your not to far from me at all,
I go to college with someone from Clarksville!

Best,

Well Rudy, you should have went to Arkansas Tech (where Mr. Day is). I had too much fun there. I had the only toilet paper launcher with a scope on it. :) Sorry had to plug my old school!:goofy:

wow - she cleans up nicely :D

Very purty plane, Rudy.

You should start a business Rudy. You could make lots of money washing planes. Your plane is nice and clean now.

Back