When those Overpaid.......... N/A

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
....crybabies --professional athletes who p & m about how they don't know how they'll survive if their holdout doesn't produce the demanded multi-million dollar increase in salary -- stop their whining, each could take a lesson from Erwin, who started, lived, and finished life small(personally); but shall be remembered -- big time. Is my structured sentence long enough? :rolleyes:

http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/news/local/061219wales.html

HR

Bless his heart - what a good man he was! You can see it in the photograph!

Now THAT'S the kind of story we need to hear more often! Bravo!

Now there's a good ol' boy for sure.
I don't see why people with lots of money so often find it so hard to give some away to useful causes that need it.

Now there's a good ol' boy for sure.
I don't see why people with lots of money so often find it so hard to give some away to useful causes that need it.

But but but, it's THEIR money! They 'earned' it. :rolleyes:

It's a shame that society has gotten so "me me me" in recent years. I wonder if philanthropy will ever die out completely.

But but but, it's THEIR money! They 'earned' it. :rolleyes:

It's a shame that society has gotten so "me me me" in recent years. I wonder if philanthropy will ever die out completely.

I hear ya William.
Greed is perhaps the most powerful and basic drive in the biological expressions of matter known to us as higher life forms, and is why different iterations of greed are further defined in most of the Seven Deadly Sins.

The desirable urge to rise above natural tendencies of greed towards better and more philanthropic things with their benefits, will always have many varied and formidable adversaries but should not lose out, with proper convictions maintained and with a level heart that does not think with its head up its ass.

Had anyone seen the John Stossel reports? He found that lower-income, conservatives give more from their pocket than the bleeding heart liberals who want government to take your money and give it to the "needy." I'm for leaving charity to the private organizations and individuals. So very often, their the better stewards of such funds. This couple proved it.

Back