When Pruning Trees......................

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
..........or raking leaves...............one has to look UP, occasionally, to stop the prop(s).

From my back yard, right under one of the approaches to Naval Air Station Brunswick and its P-3 fleet.

HR

Attachments

• 013_13.JPG
    013_13.JPG
    345.6 KB · Views: 40
Lawreston said:
..........or raking leaves...............one has to look UP, occasionally, to stop the prop(s).

From my back yard, right under one of the approaches to Naval Air Station Brunswick and its P-3 fleet.

HR
Nice shot, Harley!

RotaryWingBob said:
Nice shot, Harley!

It was, definitely, the more fun part of the day's activities. Following the grab-shot the truck remained leaf-filled, to the brim, on the back lawn; and then we got nailed with weekend rains with winds which topped 70mph. But prior to that there was the front side(below) which had been pruned. Now I know why people buy condominiums. Perhaps if I'd waited the winds might have blown down all the trees and branches over which I labored.

HR
(Oh, the last photo(correction: it turned out to be the 1st illustration) might inspire a twinge of nostalgia to a few PoA whom I know have been associated with Harpswell - Orrs/Bailey Island(s). I found the sign discarded at the landfill, and seized it for hanging inside my hangar.)

Attachments

• 007_7.JPG
    007_7.JPG
    639.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 011_11.JPG
    011_11.JPG
    693.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 012_12.JPG
    012_12.JPG
    527.8 KB · Views: 21
Beee-U-ti-full!!!

I love those old birds.

Is it VP92 - The Patriot Squadron? They (the P3s) were stationed at NAS So Weymouth. I used to love watching them land on 17. Gave me a great profile. There's a patch or two around here somewhere from VP92. I got it at one of the last airshows there.
Boy, do I miss those guys.

My brother ws with VP30 here in Jax, and his squadron would sometimes schedule pilot training missions to Brunswick. Oddly, they always seemed to have lobster feasts shortly after their return. :dunno:

silver-eagle said:
Is it VP92 - The Patriot Squadron? They (the P3s) were stationed at NAS So Weymouth. I used to love watching them land on 17. Gave me a great profile. There's a patch or two around here somewhere from VP92. I got it at one of the last airshows there.
Boy, do I miss those guys.

Not being, personally, Navy-attached I'm not accustomed to pegging which planes are one Squadron or the other. Over the years NASB has had VP8, VP10, VP23, VP26, VP44, or others -- and picked-up VP92 when South Weymouth, MA was closed, at which time I think we lost a Squadron which transferred to, perhaps, Tom Downey's territory in Washington State.

To our collective dissatisfaction, we, too, will miss the Squadrons when the guvmink transfers them all to Jacksonville(in 2011) so Frank Browne can watch them.

Frank: My aunt(and her husband) live on Landon Avenue. The telephone book should list Snapp, Webster. Their offspring all went to Thomas Jefferson High School(if I remember, correctly)

HR

Lawreston said:
To our collective dissatisfaction, we, too, will miss the Squadrons when the guvmink transfers them all to Jacksonville(in 2011) so Frank Browne can watch them.

The building where I work is right on the river, so I get to watch lot's of helos and P-3's following the river between Mayport and NAS Jax. The P-3's are really yankin and bankin as they follow the snake curves through downtown! Every once in awile I'll see an S-3 Viking too!

Lawreston said:
Frank: My aunt(and her husband) live on Landon Avenue. The telephone book should list Snapp, Webster. Their offspring all went to Thomas Jefferson High School(if I remember, correctly)

HR

Very cool! I'm a Terry Parker alumn myself.

Back