When I Was Young - - -

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
- - - starting at about five I spent a lot of time over on Bradford Point, playing with the boys back in Cushing. One was a couple months older than I; his brother was three years younger. Visits occurred into our teenaged years, during summers. Little did I have comprehension what a trove of accomplishment would be produced by the youngest. But it was in the genes.

WHEN YOU HAVE A LOT OF TIME.....WHAT A TREASURE TROVE!!! http://www.pinterest.com/tishi/jamie-weyth/

HR

- - and I just noticed that whoever supplied(or compiled)the album in the Link spelled Jamie's name incorrectly; should be Wyeth, not Weyth. Shame!

HR

Descendent of the great NC Wyeth, one of my idols while studying Illustration at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. I still have "Distant Thunder"(a print, not the painting) by his Dad, Andrew Wyeth hanging in my office. Beautiful works.

Descendent of the great NC Wyeth, one of my idols while studying Illustration at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. I still have "Distant Thunder"(a print, not the painting) by his Dad, Andrew Wyeth hanging in my office. Beautiful works.

One of my early aerial photos(April 20, 2000 or so). It's Bradford Point, just across outer Broad Cove from my family's shore property. The poorly-exposed house at the point is where Andy/Betsy, Nicky and Jamie spent their summers.
If you were sitting inside and looking down the St. George River, you'd be experiencing Her Room, the 1964(about) painting by Andy. The strip of grass in the middle of the large field is Nicky's landing strip for his R/C airplanes. The larger farm is where Betsy grew up(summers).

HR

Attachments

• Bradford Point, Cushing.jpg
    Bradford Point, Cushing.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 6
Back