Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
Ok, so it's not an Extra, a Pitts, a Decath, or anything aerobatic, but I forgot how much fun spins are. Even if in a lowly 152 for my CFI sign-off. Took forever to get up to 6,000AGL yesterday, but we spun, and spun some more, and climbed a bit, and spun, and spun, and spun, and....

Sigh, I need a fun plane too.

awesome Ed, Spinning really is fun, and an eye opener, and a great lesson, all in one!

Don Jones said:
Cool Ed, another box checked, when is the ride?
Don

Waiting on the DE to call me. I got deferred by the FSDO. I hear he's a minimalist. I expect less than a 4 hour start to finish ordeal, not including my travel time.

N2212R said:
Waiting on the DE to call me. I got deferred by the FSDO. I hear he's a minimalist. I expect less than a 4 hour start to finish ordeal, not including my travel time.

Outstanding. Did you do some under the hood too?

Last edited:
Everything ive heard is that spins under the hood is a recipe for throwing up. more power too you if you can handle em

tonycondon said:
Everything ive heard is that spins under the hood is a recipe for throwing up. more power too you if you can handle em

If you don't eat, the worst that can happen is you just "throw", with no "up" available. Really, just prepare properly and don't worry too much.

They are a high powered, mind blowing experience, and simple spins should be accompanied by hooded recoveries from unusual attitudes to be complete.

well....recoving under the hood would have been a bit difficult. We removed all the gyros. no AI, no DG, no TC....

N2212R said:
well....recoving under the hood would have been a bit difficult. We removed all the gyros. no AI, no DG, no TC....

No turn coordinator? No string from the cabin roof?? No nothing?

It's a gyro. They pulled em all.

Back