What's this airplane?

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
Went flying again with Michael in his Mooney (thanks again Michael!). We saw this airplane at the firefighter base at Lancaster and we wondered what it is? Anybody know?

ARGH! This is killing me. I've seen the plane, talked about the type of plane, read about the type of plane and, for the life of me, can't remember what the stupid thing is called!!!!!!

I need another beer.

Brian Austin said:
ARGH! This is killing me. I've seen the plane, talked about the type of plane, read about the type of plane and, for the life of me, can't remember what the stupid thing is called!!!!!!

I need another beer.

LOL! It's funny looking, reminds me of a child's toy.

Somebody please put Brian out of his misery and tell him (and me) what it is. ;)

A big shiney metal plane :)
Oh I took my first helicopter ride today. YAY. That was fun.
Hi everyone!

Michael

Diana said:
We saw this airplane at the firefighter base at Lancaster and we wondered what it is? Anybody know?

Diana,

That's your Citabria. Don't you recognize it?

Oh, you mean the plane in the big photo. I have no idea.

Chip

Michael said:
A big shiney metal plane :)
Oh I took my first helicopter ride today. YAY. That was fun.
Hi everyone!

Michael

Hey Michael, glad you made it here. It was nice flying with you on your first helicopter ride. :)

gibbons said:
Diana,

That's your Citabria. Don't you recognize it?

Chip

LOL! I forgot what my Citabria looks like; haven't seen it in a month.

I have to add this [size=-1]Armstrong Whitworth Argosy airplane to my all-ugly list of aircraft. [/size]

Brian Austin said:
I feel better now. Sigh.

Brian, glad you're OK, started to worry about you a bit. ;)

Thanks for figuring it out for us. Wish there was some sort of prize we could give you. Oh, how bout a Citabria ride?

Diana said:
Brian, glad you're OK, started to worry about you a bit. ;)

Thanks for figuring it out for us. Wish there was some sort of prize we could give you. Oh, how bout a Citabria ride?
Woohoo! I'm holding you to that one!! :D

? Rules for Aircraft Identification -

If it's weird, it's British
If it's ugly, it's French
If it's weird and ugly, it's Russian

Can't remember whose rules those were, but I've seen them in a Klyde Morris cartoon.:)

Ghery

Ghery said:
? Rules for Aircraft Identification -

If it's weird, it's British
If it's ugly, it's French
If it's weird and ugly, it's Russian

Can't remember whose rules those were, but I've seen them in a Klyde Morris cartoon.:)

Ghery

Ghery, I think that is pretty accurate no matter where you heard it from. I have memories of some weird looking aircraft that were British, and I definitely have seen my share of bizarre looking Russian aircraft too.

Back