What's the cockpit look like?

I had forgotten how ancient the Viking cockpit had looked. I'd hope the B model upgrades replaced the tape indicators and other instruments to something more modern.

I had also forgotten how tiny the Corsair cockpit is, or was. It certainly was not designed with pilot comfort in mind.

I had also forgotten how tiny the Corsair cockpit is, or was. It certainly was not designed with pilot comfort in mind.

Which Corsair? There is a Corsair II cockpit section in the Museum of Naval Aviation, along with cockpit sections from the A-4, F-11, F-4, F-8 and others. All but the Phantom were quite small. Especially the A-4 Skyhawk! I could squeeze into it, but nearly had to call the FD to get me out! (just kidding...sort of)

Last edited:
Which Corsair? There is a Corsair II cockpit section in the Museum of Naval Aviation, along with cockpit sections from the A-4, F-11, F-4, F-8 and others. All but the Phantom we quite small. Especially the A-4 Skyhawk! I could squeeze into it, but nearly had to call the FD to get me out! (just kidding...sort of)
The A-7.

Back