What type bulb?

buzzard86

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Jim R
I am replacing the landing light on my Cessna 150M but can't figure out where to find the specified landing light bulb type(s). The schematic in the maintenance manual clearly outlines the assembly but doesn't say anything about the bulb type. All of the previous logbook entries simply say that the bulb was replaced. I know that the simple answer is to remove the old bulb and get the number, but my plane is 5 hours away right now and I am trying to get the replacement bulb before my next trip.

I think the correct bulb is the 4509 but would appreciate confirmation. I am early in the ownership learning curve so any direction on where I can find this info would also be welcome.

Thanks.

Jim

Jim,

I don't have your answer on which lamp it is but, in case you didn't know, if it is a 4509 then you should be able to pick one up at your local O'Reilly, NAPA, AutoZone, whatever.

It probably won't be much, if any, cheaper especially at NAPA because they're almost always the highest priced. But it nice to just grab one locally and go on with life rather than having to wait on one being shipped to you.

Last edited:
Odds are good you are right about the 4509, if they used better ink I would say look at the back when you get a chance, but likely the numbers have faded off.

Thanks a lot, guys.

Tim, I actually did grab a 4509 at the local NAPA. They charged me like $16. I found them cheaper online but by the time I added shipping the costs were about the same. Well worth it to buy locally and not wait on the shipping. If no other 150 owners chime in, then I plan to take the new bulb with me this weekend and hope that when I pull the old one out I find that it's also a 4509.

Jim

Back