What should I know before I bid on this?

I'm no expert on the matter, but I suspect it will be difficult to find one that is very original, and if you do, it will be at a premium.

Also note that it's a CJ, not a military Jeep if that makes a difference to you.

Thanks. Looking to park my '46 car next to my '46 airplane. The airplane ain't truly original so the car need not be. Not many '46s of anything made as noted above. Probably not gonna happen.

IF I were looking for a 1946 car to park next to a Luscombe it would NO DOUBT be an MG TC.
That was too easy....next question.

IF I were looking for a 1946 car to park next to a Luscombe it would NO DOUBT be an MG TC.
That was too easy....next question.

TC/TD/TF have all suddenly gotten expensive but that was my first thought. Also concerned about putting a car with a wood chassis next to an all metal airplane :D.

TC/TD/TF have all suddenly gotten expensive but that was my first thought. Also concerned about putting a car with a wood chassis next to an all metal airplane :D.
Details, details.....;)

Hemmings shows 74 listings for 1946 cars. They are disproportionately Fords, but there are plenty of other makes represented.

Back