Votes: 6 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flyboy

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Ron Kinney
Now that POA has taken off, I'm sure they will join the "give away a plane" to gain members/sales like everyone else. Question is, what plane should be first?

I thought we agreed we were giving away Ken's...

but only AFTER I get to fly in it in June. :)

I wanna Wilga. They have looks that just can't be forgotten, and I could land in my back yard.

You can give away mine when I'm done with it.

But I'm not likely to be done with it for some time.

However, if you want to buy it to give it away, I'm listening.

None of the above. A Siai Marchetti SF260 with camo paint and hard points for attaching guns or rockets.

Disclaimer: Neo-colonial, guerilla war not included (must find your own). :)

Anthony said:
None of the above. A Siai Marchetti SF260 with camo paint and hard points for attaching guns or rockets.

Disclaimer: Neo-colonial, guerilla war not included (must find your own). :)

Anthony,

You take care of ground attack and I'll take this one.

GRUMMAN S-2 TRACKER TORPEDO Bomber, nice condition, licensed & flying. Fresh props, spare low time engine. Complete navy configuration & paint. Perfect warbird for air shows, folding wings etc. $86,000. Al Hansen: CA/(661) 824-2889.

There is also an Albatross for sale in TaP, only $198K, "almost ready to fly". I could sell the house and the family could live in the Albatross.

Len

Len Lanetti said:
Anthony,

GRUMMAN S-2 TRACKER TORPEDO Bomber, nice condition, licensed & flying. Fresh props, spare low time engine. Complete navy configuration & paint. Perfect warbird for air shows, folding wings etc. $86,000. Al Hansen: CA/(661) 824-2889.

There is also an Albatross for sale in TaP, only $198K, "almost ready to fly". I could sell the house and the family could live in the Albatross.

Len

I love these warbirds. With the prices you can actually consider buying them until you realize the purchase price is also the monthly operating expense if you want to fly them. :)

Len Lanetti said:
Anthony,

You take care of ground attack and I'll take this one.

Len

The Albatross IS known for it's roomy cockpit. I am hopefully flying one in Santa Fe for three days next week. I will report on said roominess.

Jim G

I saw photos of an Albatross decked out like a motorhome - the ultimate Recreational Vehicle! How cool would that be to fly out to your favorite fishing, scuba, snorkel spot, unpack the zodiac and tool around the islands, picnic on the beach, fly on to the next spot and do it again.

Rx: perform above steps as needed until the winter blues are long gone!!!

Saw photos of another that had jet skis hanging on pylons on each wing - totally cool!

Anthony said:
I love these warbirds. With the prices you can actually consider buying them until you realize the purchase price is also the monthly operating expense if you want to fly them.

What...isn't that true for every airplane.

Question - How much does it cost to fly?
Response - How much do you have?

Len

grattonja said:
The Albatross IS known for it's roomy cockpit. I am hopefully flying one in Santa Fe for three days next week. I will report on said roominess.

Jim,

A full report on the aircraft would be great especially if it includes favorable information on suitability as full time living quarters for a family of four. :<)

Len

gkainz said:
Saw photos of another that had jet skis hanging on pylons on each wing - totally cool!

Greg,

I saw that one too. Very neat, too bad my last name isn't associated with the rich and famous.

Len

Crummy poll selection. :(

Floats. It must have floats. :yinyang:

I'm thinking a CE180/185 with a Tom Downey style annual. On floats, except when it's on skis, except when it's on tundra tires.

And for the record: If the winner doesn't want it, I claim first dibs on taking it off the winners hands, I'll even come get it no effort or expense on your part, you can leave the title and keys under your doormat if you wish. Thankyouverymuch.pleasesayyoudonotwantitandcallme.

Give away one the average pilot could actually afford to keep
and fly.

RogerT said:
Give away one the average pilot could actually afford to keep
and fly.
That would be the balsa variety that has a metal clip over the nose for weight. Sigh.

bbchien said:
That would be the balsa variety that has a metal clip over the nose for weight. Sigh.

I don't know about that. Have you checked the price of rubber bands lately? ;)

Carol said:
I don't know about that. Have you checked the price of rubber bands lately? ;)

The last report I heard was from my redneck sister in-law who's getting married.
10 gal. of corn likker, 150' of good copper tubing, four used Levi tuxedos, 25 gal. of gasoline for the hearse, and the use of a portable generator was sufficient to hire Joe Elastic and his Rubber Band to play at her outdoor wedding to cousin Eddie. She was so pleased she threw in some Dale Jarratt Nascar hats she found at the Goodwill store.

Flying Airplanes Real People Can Afford

bbchien said:

I submit that if a person can afford a $40,000 dollar car to replace the 3 to 5 year old car they are currently driving they can buy an airplane and operate that airplane.

The trick is to keep the old car for at least 10 years and in the interim buy a $30,000 airplane and use the other $10,000 for maintenance and operating expenses. With a little hard work and luck the $10,000 will last for a few years.

Hopefully in that time you will have hooked the family on flying and they are willing to give up some other things in order to keep flying the plane. For example, instead of the significant other getting a new car after 3 or 5 years the SO "gladly" offers to let you get a new engine (if required).

Len

Joe Williams said:
I wanna Wilga. They have looks that just can't be forgotten, and I could land in my back yard.

I second the Wilga. Great farmer airplane. Needs few tools to repair it.

John J

Back