What kind of plane?

Keith Lane

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Keith Lane
As railroad consultants we get all kinds of odd pictures of trains and such. Attached is a picture of a track that crosses a runway in Madagascar. I would like to know what the plane is. I've never seen one that I know of.

Keith Lane said:
looks like the folks in New Zealand get their design ideas from Great Britain.:hairraise:

As long as they don't use Lucas electronics.

Len

I am wondering if the PAC 750 started out as a Sargent-Fletcher FU 24? That was designed in the US. I saw an old photograph in one of my old Janes Books (1964) of it but it does not give a lot of info on it.

Interesting plane and Keith your photo is great.

Anyone know if this is the same plane.

Thanks

John J

What the heck is a train doing in the middle of a runway (are those tracks across it?)?
A particularily nasty type of runway incursion, I'd say!

Let'sgoflying! said:
What the heck is a train doing in the middle of a runway (are those tracks across it?)?
A particularily nasty type of runway incursion, I'd say!
Yes, Those tracks DO cross the runway. Tomorrow, I'll post the other picture of train vs. Cessna caravan. (It's at work)

John J said:
I am wondering if the PAC 750 started out as a Sargent-Fletcher FU 24? That was designed in the US. I saw an old photograph in one of my old Janes Books (1964) of it but it does not give a lot of info on it.

Interesting plane and Keith your photo is great.

Anyone know if this is the same plane.

Thanks

John J

BINGO!
it's a derivative of the old fletcher fu-24 designed at the sargent-fletcher company, el monte, california. not sure when it was sold to the new zealand firm, but the original was from the mid 1950's as a utility/ag plane. here's a link to some info:

http://www.k12.nf.ca/sptech/projects/aviation/private/pacfletcherfu-24cresco.htm

blue skies!

Vic;

Thanks for the link. I remember reading about these now, They were quite a utility hauler. I am glad that they are still doing what they do best.

Thanks again

John J

Keith Lane said:
And here is the other picture of the runway with the tracks across it. :blueplane:

It gives a whole new meaning to land and hold short... I've seen what a train does to a car. Train vs. 152 can't be pritty. :no:

Missa

Back