Capt Kirk
What is wrong with this picture?

Or is it my imagination?

Len

Attachments

• BE18 Cockpit.jpg
    BE18 Cockpit.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 126
It's a Beech 18. The control yokes are mounted on columns that pivot fore and aft from the floor, close to the sidewalls. See photo. The yokes and columns were probably pulled full aft in your photo.

-- Pilawt

Pilawt said:
It's a Beech 18. The control yokes are mounted on columns that pivot fore and aft from the floor, close to the sidewalls. See photo. The yokes and columns were probably pulled full aft in your photo.

-- Pilawt
That is sure a beautiful airplane from those pics.

They do!! But I think that's a trick of the light - the flash is in the center of the cockpit so the two inner pedals are highlighted, making the outer pedals darker, so they look like they are further recessed (the starboard pedal likely IS back, but on the pilot's side, the illusion is that the left pedal is back. It's just dark, I think).

etsisk said:
They do!! But I think that's a trick of the light - the flash is in the center of the cockpit so the two inner pedals are highlighted, making the outer pedals darker, so they look like they are further recessed (the starboard pedal likely IS back, but on the pilot's side, the illusion is that the left pedal is back. It's just dark, I think).
I think the camera's wide-angle lens exaggerates it a little, as well. It looks like the left-hand set of pedals is really just about even, while the right-hand pedals are a bit uneven.

-- Pilawt

Pilawt said:

-- Pilawt

Great tour page! Thanks for the link.

Back