What is this “fresh scent” Hell?

denverpilot

Tied Down
Display Name

Display name:
DenverPilot
I’ll start by saying I don’t mind a tiny spritz of Febreeze at home for things that occasionally assault the nose.

But I made the mistake of thinking buying one of those Febreeze air vent clips for the Yukon.

Holy olfactory assault Batman. I like me some fresh linen smell but good god man, I only made it an hour of the whole cabin smelling like a sweatshop Chinatown laundry before yanking the thing and tossing it.

WTH smells are people covering up with these things? Dead bodies?!

The amount of smell released by the Febreeze air vent clips is scientifically adjusted to match the amount of flatus released in the vehicle......

To be evenly matched I would need an open trench latrine for 1000 soldiers eating Army food in the back of my truck.

Yeah, I mean look at what happened to Ole Steve...

I fairly sure ol' Steve learned his rights that day.

I always enjoyed riding with a deputy sheriff friend of mine. Someone would start with the "I know my rights" routine. He would just ignore them, but I would get in front of them and ask, "Really, you really now your rights.?? Would you tell us what your rights are so we can be sure we know them.??"

"Well.... uh..... ummm.... yeahhhh...... well..... I know you can't do this" was the usual answer.

I can't handle Febreeze at all. Can't stand 409 either. They make me sneeze and nose all allergy itchy.

Apparently you never changed the cabin air filter on the Yukon. They make them with carbon various odor filters now.

(As for what they're covering up, drive past a cattle farm sometime and smell the money).

Apparently you never changed the cabin air filter on the Yukon. They make them with carbon various odor filters now.

(As for what they're covering up, drive past a cattle farm sometime and smell the money).

AFAIK Chevy didn’t see fit to install one or a place to put it in ‘04.

Not that it’d survive a week on the dirt road anyway. Cabin air filters are just cabin air blockers out where I live. Takes about two weeks tops, then they’re completely clogged.

One individual at work, has some kind of "air freshener" something in their office - the hallway outside said office effing reeks. I have no clue as to how this otherwise nice person can manage to breathe inside the office with the door closed.

I put those scent things in a ziploc and leave a little part of the bag "unzipped". That keeps the scent from being overpowering, yet still providing some scent.

My wife likes to clip those stupid things to air vents in her vehicle and mine. I like to shut the little openings completely off, since pitching them out the window just makes her buy more. I can't stand the overpowering odor they put out.

Yeah, they last a lot longer when you have them blocked too. Saves money.

Tell me about it- I smelled this waypoint before I saw it at 2000' AGL

JAK_6828 by Jack Silver, on Flickr

Tell me about it- I smelled this waypoint before I saw it at 2000' AGL

by Jack Silver, on Flickr
I was doing some field work in SoCal about 20 years ago and one of our field team asked a guy in a pickup truck about the odor. His response was "Smell that, Son? That's the smell of MONEY..."

I once saw a candle that was scented. The scent was called road kill, and it smelled like it.

I once saw a candle that was scented. The scent was called road kill, and it smelled like it.

Speaking of that. One of the ladies at work who has a private office has a “great idea” going. She bought a Yankee Candle and then instead of burning it, she has it perched on top of a coffee cup warmer that’s on 24/7.

Besides the likelihood that she’ll eventually burn the building down, the scent in her office is so strong my eyes watered for the half hour I had to work on her PC.

This is why IT tells you people to bring us your computers to our office, folks. And then we attack the sneeze covered grimy thing with bleach wipes before we will go anywhere near it.

We got a laptop back from an off-site worker who apparently sneezes. A lot. Judging by the screen goobers, anyway.

You’re all gross. Really gross. I plug in my own USB keyboard to work on your laptops. Ick.

Speaking of that. One of the ladies at work who has a private office has a “great idea” going. She bought a Yankee Candle and then instead of burning it, she has it perched on top of a coffee cup warmer that’s on 24/7.

Believe it or not, that’s most likely an actual product marketed for that exact purpose. Its existence was new to me until I saw it (actually, a couple different models) at a tourist trap novelty store recently. They look eerily similar to repackaged coffee cup warmers.

I’m a germophobe, so my laptops always look new as I’m constantly cleaning them. I’m always amazed at how some folks are issued a brand new laptop, and 30 days later it looks like it barely survived a “tough mudder” event. I’m not sure what people do in the normal course of their days to get their equipment into such a state.

Back