what is the advantage of a tailwheel plane?

Maybe the pilot was sheepish about the condition of the left front seat-cushion and wished to conceal it from view.

I know, that is kind of hilarious that after completely wiping out he'd take the time to worry about UV damage to the upholstery. :rolleyes2:

I know, that is kind of hilarious that after completely wiping out he'd take the time to worry about UV damage to the upholstery. :rolleyes2:

Probably forgot to use the pre taxi checklist

"Remove windshield cover"

Cheers

Part of the reason is legacy, part of the reason is the fact that tailwheel gear is mechanically simpler, cleaner, and lighter...oh and looks a whole helluva lot better.

The proof of that come in the trike versions of a few taildraggers.

The Champ:

American%20Champion%20Aircraft%207EC-1.jpg

Champion%207FC%20115%20Tri-Traveler.jpg

The Helio:

HelioCourier.jpg

thumbnail.php.jpg

The Found:

1200.FoundCentennial100.jpg

5998011368_d0f999b19e_z.jpg

The Pacer:

Pacer.jpg

tripacer.jpg

Need any more proof?

On "Looks":

The Taildragger designs all look, whether flying or on the ground, as if they're highly susceptible to embarrassing, and sometimes dangerous ground loops.

On "Looks":

The Taildragger designs all look, whether flying or on the ground, as if they're highly susceptible to embarrassing, and sometimes dangerous ground loops.

Those two-wheel motorcycle designs all look, whether riding or parked, as if they're highly susceptible to embarrassing, and sometimes dangerous falls. Yep, those tricycle safety wheels sure look better. :)

black-harley-davidson-bike.jpg

564.jpg

Best way to make those contraptions safer is to put wings on them and get clear of public roads!

Jesse,

Thanks for clearing it all up. I just couldn't figure out why the ladies have been swarming all over me for the last year and a half. Life has been a living hell.

Back