What is that in the Lower Left Corner of this Sixpack?

spiderweb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
An EHSI?

Attachments

• 287_I.jpg
    287_I.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 457
Probably a stormscope. There's probably not enough space to locate it to the left, where the turn coordinator is.

It looks like an Argus moving map display, a little primitive by today's standards, but like Madonna, huge in the 90's!! :D

It looks like an Argus moving map display, a little primitive by today's standards, but like Madonna, huge in the 90's!! :D

Funny thing is that now that everyone has a tablet, it matters less and less what is in the panel.

The writing in the display really makes it look like a JPI 700 series. Look at the white mass at the lower center. Matches the JPI logo and the way the white is on either side, it lines up with the markings on the JPI.

e4ebedu6.jpg

The writing in the display really makes it look like a JPI 700 series. Look at the white mass at the lower center. Matches the JPI logo and the way the white is on either side, it lines up with the markings on the JPI.

e4ebedu6.jpg

Nope...too big for a JPI.

thread should be called What is that in the Lower Left Corner of this Holy Cr@p can that picture be any smaller? :)

thread should be called What is that in the Lower Left Corner of this Holy Cr@p can that picture be any smaller? :)

LOL I know--sorry, it is the only one I found of it.

There is an older WX-8 storm scope under the docked 496 GPS to the right of the radio stack. Since this is a twin, I'm going with this being an EDM-760 twin engine monitor. The screen is what gives it a bit of a square look.

EDM-760-2.jpg

Rich, I think you're as close to right as anyone on this, I blew the picture up on my ipad and it's really hard to see. The cut off corners do match on this one! :D

There is an older WX-8 storm scope under the docked 496 GPS to the right of the radio stack. Since this is a twin, I'm going with this being an EDM-760 twin engine monitor. The screen is what gives it a bit of a square look.

EDM-760-2.jpg

Nope...too big for a JPI.

Not at all - While JPI's older units normally come as a 2.25" round gauge, one of the options is to have a full-size 3 1/8" gauge.

In this case, it's on a twin (see the throttle quadrant) and thus would be a JPI EDM-760, which comes in the 3 1/8" size only.

JPI for sure.

Back