What is prior experience for AP to install GPS?

skipnsb

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
skipnsb
Hello, my first post here.

How much "prior experience" must an AP have to sign off on a GPS install, or for that matter, any other work (assuming its not a major alteration and not in a repair station)?

I doubt there are any exactly duplicated installations, so it doesn't seem reasonable to require the exact duplication.

Does general experience wiring avionics and instruments suffice, with the AP making the call on whether he feels it is within his ability?

After all, a panel mounted GPS (no cdi or annunciator) is only power, ground, and antenna.

Thanks, Skip

Hello, my first post here.

How much "prior experience" must an AP have to sign off on a GPS install, or for that matter, any other work (assuming its not a major alteration and not in a repair station)?

I doubt there are any exactly duplicated installations, so it doesn't seem reasonable to require the exact duplication.

Does general experience wiring avionics and instruments suffice, with the AP making the call on whether he feels it is within his ability?
After all, a panel mounted GPS (no cdi or annunciator) is only power, ground, and antenna.

Thanks, Skip

That's a bout it.

Back