What is a spider?

wangmyers said:
What is a spider?
Part of the search engines that crawl around on the World Wide Web and populate their databases. Google, MSN, Yahoo, AOL, etc..

Part of the fuel injection systems that usually sits on top of the engine with a line running to each cylinder. 5, 7, or 9 legs.

Eric

ejensen said:
Part of the fuel injection systems that usually sits on top of the engine with a line running to each cylinder. 5, 7, or 9 legs.

Eric
HaHaHa - that was going to be my second smart-alec answer - first was going to be a websters.com link to arachnid, as I'm killing the darn things left and right in our house for the last week! Then maybe followed up with a link to Fiat Motors, but then you have to play loose with the spelling... :rofl:

gkainz said:
HaHaHa - that was going to be my second smart-alec answer - first was going to be a websters.com link to arachnid, as I'm killing the darn things left and right in our house for the last week! Then maybe followed up with a link to Fiat Motors, but then you have to play loose with the spelling... :rofl:

Well, that's consistent with the other posts. All are maintenance headaches.

FIAT = Fix It Again, Tony

nice picture!!!

a spider is the thing my cats will find once in a while and I have to shriek and keep them both away from it while I get it out of the house.

other than that, what everyone else said.

woodstock said:
a spider is the thing my cats will find once in a while and I have to shriek and keep them both away from it while I get it out of the house.
Do you really shriek? That's probably fun to watch. Do you jump up and down, waving your arms, too? I understand that scares the crap out of spiders if it's done correctly. :rofl:

My wife and I almost stepped on a baby rattlesnake the other day while walking the dog. Luckily it was at night and pretty cool out. It moved REAL slow. The neighbor shot it with snakeload in his pistol. Baby rattlers are the worst. They're not mature enough to control venom injection so it's a real bad bite if it happens.

Brian Austin said:
Do you really shriek? That's probably fun to watch. Do you jump up and down, waving your arms, too? I understand that scares the crap out of spiders if it's done correctly. :rofl:

My wife and I almost stepped on a baby rattlesnake the other day while walking the dog. Luckily it was at night and pretty cool out. It moved REAL slow. The neighbor shot it with snakeload in his pistol. Baby rattlers are the worst. They're not mature enough to control venom injection so it's a real bad bite if it happens.

yipes! what is snakeload

I shriek more to keep the cats away from it than to scare off the spider. I don't want them to play with it, what if it is poisonous.

woodstock said:
yipes! what is snakeload
Kind of a mini-shotgun shell for the larger pistols. Shoots multiple pellets with one shot. Aim for the head.

woodstock said:
nice picture!!!

other than that, what everyone else said.

I'm guessing you wouldn't like it too much down here. Outside of the city (I live in an older part of the city) there are scorpions. Cats do get fascinated by those. And they (the scorpions) are nasty little buggers.

One of the guys I used to work with moved to a new house in a new development north of town. He learned to shake his boots - and underwear - out every morning. The story goes that he pulled his undergarments out of the drawer one morning, and pulled 'em on without looking - and was immediately met with pain. Never got out of his clothes so fast in his life. Yep, scorpion in the undergarments. OUCH. Lesson learned.

wsuffa said:
I'm guessing you wouldn't like it too much down here. Outside of the city (I live in an older part of the city) there are scorpions. Cats do get fascinated by those. And they (the scorpions) are nasty little buggers.

One of the guys I used to work with moved to a new house in a new development north of town. He learned to shake his boots - and underwear - out every morning. The story goes that he pulled his undergarments out of the drawer one morning, and pulled 'em on without looking - and was immediately met with pain. Never got out of his clothes so fast in his life. Yep, scorpion in the undergarments. OUCH. Lesson learned.
Yeah, we got them here, too. Nothing in my neck of the desert, thankfully. Nasty buggers. They're not scared of nuttin' either.

Fun trick: take a piece of paper and lay it down on their back gently. They'll try to sting it, punch through the paper and sting themselves. They'll keep doing it over and over, thinking they're getting attacked. Eventually they'll kill themselves.

Brian Austin said:
Yeah, we got them here, too. Nothing in my neck of the desert, thankfully. Nasty buggers. They're not scared of nuttin' either.

Fun trick: take a piece of paper and lay it down on their back gently. They'll try to sting it, punch through the paper and sting themselves. They'll keep doing it over and over, thinking they're getting attacked. Eventually they'll kill themselves.

oh my.

why does this thing reject it if I only post two words - i.e. oh my? it said I must post ten or more.

wsuffa said:

yeek! :eek: no way.

woodstock said:
oh my.

why does this thing reject it if I only post two words - i.e. oh my? it said I must post ten or more.
kinda like a 2 drink minimum, I guess... If you want to say "Oh, my!" then you'll have to say it 5 times...real fast! :D
Or start every 2 word post with "The following preamble makes up for the following two word reply."

Back