What is a good handgun for self/home defense?

I've only shot a 6" Colt King Cobra in .357. Sweet revolver, with great grips. SO much better than my 2" Ruger SP 101. I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it.

That's because any gun with a two inch barrel is basically a "Belly gun". They were never meant for long range.

Guys, if you're going to argue burglary rates, you have to separate out hot (victims are home) and cold (victims are away) burglaries.

States may differ in definitions, but in FL...

A burglary is a property crime - no one is home.

If someone is home, it becomes a robbery - a higher class of crime.

If intentional, it's generally referred to as a "Home Invasion Robbery" a pretty nasty variant.

I just want to know how this became a manly man thing

I just want to know how this became a manly man thing

I can go see if my wife knows. She shoots regularly. She'd probably laugh at your assertion.

Maybe the neighbor's granddaughter who lives with them would know. She took first in her trap division last year.

I had to wait last year for assistance at the gun store while the sales guys fell over themselves to help a female pro shooter. Wasn't really her looks, it was the fact that she buys guns four and five at a time. They work partially on commission at that store, I believe. The guy who finally realized she was going to buy them all from the old guy she's been buying from for more than ten years, came over to help me and also got a decent commission that day too. The two who stood there talking to her, didn't.

My range offers females only classes of all sorts, weekly, and fills them all.

So why do you ask? Looking for a concealed carry bra or purse? ;)

I can go see if my wife knows. She shoots regularly. She'd probably laugh at your assertion.

Maybe the neighbor's granddaughter who lives with them would know. She took first in her trap division last year.

I had to wait last year for assistance at the gun store while the sales guys fell over themselves to help a female pro shooter. Wasn't really her looks, it was the fact that she buys guns four and five at a time. They work partially on commission at that store, I believe. The guy who finally realized she was going to buy them all from the old guy she's been buying from for more than ten years, came over to help me and also got a decent commission that day too. The two who stood there talking to her, didn't.

My range offers females only classes of all sorts, weekly, and fills them all.

So why do you ask? Looking for a concealed carry bra or purse? ;)

Good, if you go back a couple of years ('08-'09), you get to the numbers I quoted. Funny, your numbers further my point that burglary rates in TX are above average. All the texas manly-men shooting burglars doesn't seem to deter burglars from committing burglaries (NYS with very few guns in homes in its largest city is at 329/100k, its all a great mystery).

I guess only men shoot burglars ?

Back