What I did last summer: Rebuilt ankle

tapioca

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
tapioca
Last summer I took a short cut down a ladder, after a branch hit it. More damage was done from this 4 foot fall than I had though possible. I had broken Medial malleolus, requiring two screws to repair and basically shattered the fibula, where I now have a bar and 7 seven screws to repair.
On top of all that there was a dislocation as well, and it is this that I am still dealing with the stiffness and range of motion and strength.

I went up with an instructor last month to see if I was ready to start flying again and complete my flight review which I had delayed a bit. My next medical isn't due until next year. While I am fit to return to the air at this point, I am not sure what I will need to furnish, if anything for my next medical.

I am a little confused because on one hand this required hospitalization but on the other it seems that it might be covered on the simple problems.

So do I need to report it before returning to flight or can I wait till my next medical and at that time what, if anything do I need to provide?

Usually this sort of thing is just reported at the next medical. Thsi deos not apply to some first class and second class holders in profession employ, however...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back