What happened?

Morgan3820

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
El Conquistador
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...=IZA4MdbQ-fn4zI87_8pLsA&bvm=bv.63808443,d.cWc

So sad, I have daughter same age and same plane. How did this happen? He radioed that he had fuel issues. But how could he have bad fuel coming all the way from Chicago? Or could it be fuel exhaustion followed by botching the forced landing? Anyone have some better info? These things always disturb me as I wonder could this happen to me?

No fire after the crash,could have been fuel exhaustion ,or problem with fuel system. May have tried to stretch the flight ,early morning.

Not so sure about botching up the forced landing; he hit wires at 4am; they can be hard to see in daylight and impossible at night. It might have been pretty well executed (6 lane road with little traffic probably). Wires slowing you down to stall speed at 50'agl is often fatal.
The part you said about it happening to you; a very wise stance when reviewing any accident. Too many say, "that idiot, how could he?" instead of "what can I do to avoid that situation, because it could easily be me next time?".

Back