What do you find confusing?

flyingpreacher

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
flyingpreacher
I am gearing up for 3 checkrides, two of which are CFI and CFI-I. I want to make some videos that explain some aspects of aviation that people may find confusing. That does 2 things. A) it makes me a better instructor because if I have to research it and put it into video form, I will understand it better myself, and B) it will provide pilots who are not my students with a valuable resource for those confusing topics.

So my question is, what areas do/did you find confusing that you think a video explaining it would be beneficial? (Not looking for "Please explain why the FAA does/says ____...")

Here is an example I made over the weekend.

The way the FAA test questions are written.
Flight planning and navigation by dead reckoning and paper charts.
Diversion.
Emergency procedures.
Passenger safety brief.
The way the FARs are written.

The way the FAA test questions are written.
Flight planning and navigation by dead reckoning and paper charts.
Diversion.
Emergency procedures.
Passenger safety brief.
The way the FARs are written.
1. The test questions are written in 2 ways. First to see if you know the information, second to see if you ACTUALLY read the question or just skimmed it! lol
2-4 will make good videos.
I may do a quick one on 5
And 6...........paging @SCCutler, because sometimes it takes a lawyer to understand! lol

Explain PBN, RNP, RNAV1, RNAV2, RNP APCH, when RNAV CDI has linear vs angular deflection limits, how you know which you fall under.

Clear up all the confusion the AIM makes in Chapter 1, Section 2.

Explain IFR loss of comms. Regulation vs real world (if any)

Nice job on the video and I feel it is great preparation for the CFI practical test.

Not doing a passenger safety brief is a common error and there are dead people because of it.

Back