What did We See?

Jaybird180

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Jaybird180
Last night, approximately 201403220025z we were driving on US-50 westbound just crossing under the short-final approach course for RWY18 at W00 and we saw what appeared to be a craft in the air at about our 10-O'Clock position.

It was at low altitude and very slow moving toward our 5-O'clock position. What stirred our attention was that it had 3 well-illumined white lights that had distinct points of origin and was in the perfect shape of an equilateral triangle. We saw a red strobe that was at a position behind the front light and another that created a line bisecting the other 2 white lights. The red strobes only flashed once and did so sychronously during our visual contact.

We did not see the body of the object against the darkened overcast sky.

We lost sight of the object and was unable to re-establish tally.

Ideas?

There are hundreds of UFO hoaxers all over the country. They get little or no press. I have met two of them, and they both were highly intelligent and had had serious designs.

What you saw was probably a UFO hoax.

There are hundreds of UFO hoaxers all over the country. They get little or no press. I have met two of them, and they both were highly intelligent and had had serious designs.

What you saw was probably a UFO hoax.

Coming from the DC FRZ??? Not likely.

Sounds suspiciously like an aircraft with it's landing lights on. :dunno:

Does a Lear or King Air have dual red strobes on the underbelly?

First: Likely you saw tower lights on the ground.

Second: Come on guys. It is a hundred years to the nearest star at the highest velocity we can attain.
There are no UFO's bopping in and out of our world.

And if there were what they would want with a bloody cruel species that is determined to slaughter each other down to the last man standing exceeds my ability to comprehend.

So, when we get to the planet Earth, don't forget to turn all the lights on. Keep your head (heads if applicable) on a swivel.

Second: Come on guys. It is a hundred years to the nearest star at the highest velocity we can attain.

And if there were what they would want with a bloody cruel species that is determined to slaughter each other down to the last man standing exceeds my ability to comprehend.

That's a non sequitur argument since an alien technology would not be restricted to our level of knowledge and ability in creating their technology.

What they would likely want of us is a meal.

...What they would likely want of us is a meal.

If they were biological and if biological behavior is universal then based on our own history it is very unlikely they would be coming here to help us.

Of course they could be missionaries :yikes:

If they were biological and if biological behavior is universal then based on our own history it is very unlikely they would be coming here to help us.

Of course they could be missionaries :yikes:

That would be a redundant statement...;)

I would think it unlikely that aliens advanced enough to cover light years still relied on red strobes or other forms of exterior lighting on their ships.

I would think it unlikely that aliens advanced enough to cover light years still relied on red strobes or other forms of exterior lighting on their ships.

Unless of course they were there because they attract a meal to walk up to them.;)

That's a non sequitur argument since an alien technology would not be restricted to our level of knowledge and ability in creating their technology.

And other natural resources.

War of the Worlds meets Independence Day.

"To Serve Man". Twilight Zone for the younger folk.

:eek:

With all of those tasty steaks walking around?

Seems rather farfetched that any alien species would make the trip solely for food. And even if they did what are the chances their digestive systems are compatible with our bodies? Can you imagine our space travel in a few hundred years being used to ferry food back here? You'd think with that kind of technological capacity, they'd be able to produce food easier than what traveling thousands of light years would involve.

Last edited:
Would they pile into the saucer
Find Orlando's rat and hug it?
Go screaming through the universe
Just to get McNuggets?

With fries and a shake? Just guessing, I'm too lazy to look up the reference.

Close...The aliens came to earth and were all nice and gave us a book titled "To Serve Man", set up a cultural exchange program and everything and people were all hip to go and were getting on their ship when a gal who was working on the translation with her boss who was getting on the ship ran up in the crowd and yelled at him, "It's A Cookbook!" Too late for him to avoid being taken away. One of the better Twilight Zones.

All of the Enterprises had exterior lighting. If I recall, each nacelle had a red strobe.

W00 is not towered and I am very familiar with the area as I trained there.

Right, because it's so much more energy-efficient to accelerate compatible extrastellar biomass to near-light-speed than it is to synthesize biomass from elements in your own solar system.

Right, because it's so much more energy-efficient to accelerate compatible extrastellar biomass to near-light-speed than it is to synthesize biomass from elements in your own solar system.

If you're hanging out at home, yeah, if you're on a road trip, you need to stop and eat or at least pick up some groceries. Islands all over our planet have goats and pigs in them because the early explorers dropped them off there to breed and provide food caches.

If you're hanging out at home, yeah, if you're on a road trip, you need to stop and eat or at least pick up some groceries. Islands all over our planet have goats and pigs in them because the early explorers dropped them off there to breed and provide food caches.
Thats probably how we got here originally, when the Morlocks were passing through. We're their interstellar BurgerKing.

Back