Western PA Eastern Ohio brunch ideas

ebykowsky

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
goalstop
Hey guys--taking a friend tomorrow morning for a brunch run if the weather clears up. Was going to do KCAK, but they don't have seating till 4. I want a minimum (50-65nm) length xc from PJC. Any ideas?

Hey guys--taking a friend tomorrow morning for a brunch run if the weather clears up. Was going to do KCAK, but they don't have seating till 4. I want a minimum (50-65nm) length xc from PJC. Any ideas?

I was gonna say OSU or PCW, but those are a little farther. TSO is too close. Hrm.

You could do a touch and go just outside and stop at TSO. They say they have limited seating however:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Carroll-County-Airport-Restaurant/401870483311

Awesome suggestion! Hopefully they won't be too full; I'll call beforehand.

Not sure why my first post did not show up, it appears to be lost in cyberspace.

Another good spot is the diner at Salem, 38D.
https://www.facebook.com/salemairpark

If you are trying to build XC time, you can do a T&G at CAK then head over to Salem.

I may look at that sometime too, thanks. I ended up canning the flight because of winds 10g15 and predicted up to 15g30 at a direct crosswind to the home drome's rwy.

Salem's good. Don't know if they're still open, but Bluebird Farm at TSO is/was also decent. Latrobe has a nice Italian restaurant in the airline terminal (might want to pop over to BVI to make LBE a XC). I hear PHD has a restaurant as well.

Thanks, for brunch the Italian place wouldn't have been very good I reckon though. Nice thought for the future however. I just saved the money from today's flight and plan on flying KFDW to 51J on Wednesday for a lunch with another friend back home. It'll be nice to back in my home airspace!
BTW, I was at KBVI a few days ago and that is one heck of an awesome airport! Sweet air museum (didn't go in though) and a nice grassroots feel despite all the activity. Some flight training going on, etc. I was just there to do homework off campus though--no flying that day :(

Back