West coast Job search (Portland, or SF Bay area preferred)

ntbjounin

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Jounin
Hey everyone, I know this is a little tacky, but I'm really kinda stranded in the middle of nowhere. Right now I'm flying a Learjet in a small town in Oregon.... or rather, NOT flying. Business has been super slow, I havent flown in a month, and I'm thinking I may get laid off.

As much as I love all my friends and the aviation community back in Texas, I just would much prefer to live on the west coast. So I'm hoping to find someone can help me find some contract work or even a full time job.

I'd sure like to be in the Portland or San Jose, CA area, but I'm really open to anything.

I've got about 2500 hours, about 300 multi and 220 learjets. I'm also very experienced in all Cessnas, Barons, Bonanzas, and i have about 40 hours in Kingairs.

If anyone has any leads or connections, even on just some occasional contract work, I'd sure appreciate the help! Thanks all!

Allen

Amflight. The do hire street capts for the LR. Rare but not unheard of.

Are you current with an ambo in this "small town in OR"? :rolleyes:

Having now sweltered through the past 6 weeks in Dallas, I think I'd rather be homeless in Oregon and northern CA than fully-employed in TX, at least until Labor Day.

Amflight. The do hire street capts for the LR. Rare but not unheard of.

Are you current with an ambo in this "small town in OR"? :rolleyes:

We have not flown the lears in several years and right now the pa 31 is the only type hiring, rarely to they hire over that. I hear Pacific coast seafood is looking for a Lear pilot over at hillsboro in pdx. I'm Portland based so ill let you know of anything I hear. You also may try the air ambulance companies in medford roseburg and crescent city CA....good luck!

Last edited:
thanks clay, i'll give em a call. do u know the CP's name?

Having now sweltered through the past 6 weeks in Dallas, I think I'd rather be homeless in Oregon and northern CA than fully-employed in TX, at least until Labor Day.

I'm about 100 miles from Dallas and melting into the ground. I understand your desire to get to the bay area. It's clearly going to be another 1980.

Doc

Last edited:
I'm about 100 miles from Dallas and melting into the ground. I understand your desire to get to the bay area. It's clearly going to be another 1980.

Doc
I hear you doc. I live in central kansas and we are on day 18 or 19 of 100+ day time temps... no end in site. My parents live in the Seatle area, my dad was telling me it was hot the other day temp: 73.

Doc

It's so darned hot in these parts (D/FW), I actually came across this

potd-meltingicecreamtruck.jpg

Back