Wentworth's 310Q on ebay

Nowhere.

Do you think the doubler is for cosmetic purposes only ?

On the Bo it is also not the spar itself but rather the piece of sheet metal it is bolted to that cracks.

The doubler on the 310 is to stop the skin from cracking. and should not touch the spar, when it does touch it cracks.

that is why 3 inspectors have found no other damage.

The doubler on the 310 is to stop the skin from cracking. and should not touch the spar, when it does touch it cracks.

Why did it touch the spar then ?

that is why 3 inspectors have found no other damage.

So it's an easy fix and the 3 inspectors who totaled this plane based on those cosmetic cracks just made stuff up then ?

That's the million dollar question, isn't it?

So it's an easy fix and the 3 inspectors who totaled this plane based on those cosmetic cracks just made stuff up then ?
It is very easy to imagine several reasons why an A&P or inspector would not touch this aircraft. And none of those reasons have anything to do with the aircraft. To wit, people are risk adverse due to the current environment. On a scale of easy repair to OMG this is dangerous, the perception lingers that this aircraft is not worth the trouble even to determine where on the scale the repair falls. So far, all we have to go on is perception.

All that needs to happen is a solid buyer to step forward and hire for the inspection. It sounds like that hasn't happened yet. How many inspectors are going to get the permission to inspect and complete the inspection on their own dime? Wentworth said they won't participate. So who will hire the inspector?

Last edited:
It may have been touching since day 1. and finally cracked the doubler.

Who totaled the aircraft? ( the insurance company ) due to the repair bill was 50% of the insured value.

Inflate the bill for me will ya, I need to dump this fuel pig.

I smell money.

Granted I don't know how Ebay really works because I view it as a scam.. but

Looking at the bids it appears like one person bid against himself running the price up from bid#6 to bid # 12.. Then one bit later raised it again...

Anyone care to share the process to with me.

edit..... unless he/she was fishing for the minimum bid price if that is not disclosed during the bidding..:dunno:

http://offer.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws...s&_trksid=p4340.l2565&rt=nc&item=160699795034

Granted I don't know how Ebay really works because I view it as a scam.. but

Looking at the bids it appears like one person bid against himself running the price up from bid#6 to bid # 12.. Then one bit later raised it again...

Anyone care to share the process to with me.

edit..... unless he/she was fishing for the minimum bid price if that is not disclosed during the bidding..:dunno:

http://offer.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws...s&_trksid=p4340.l2565&rt=nc&item=160699795034

That would be a reason - to try see what the reserve price is, but what happens is you place a bid at the highest amount you're willing to pay, and as long your maximum bid is more, your bid matches, but takes precedence over any new bids.

Current high bid: $22,000 and the bid increment is $1000 so you must bid a minimum of $23,000
Reserve not met.

You bid: $27,000 (what you're willing to pay)
Reserve not met.

Current high bid is: $23,000 and you're the high bidder
Reserve not met.

Punter bids the next bid of $24,000, your bid automatically gets placed for $24,000

Current high bid is: $24,000 and you're still the high bidder
Reserve not met.

In the bid history "you bid against yourself" but you didn't. You bid to match the other guy.

Reserve not met = Means that the auction will not be concluded and they don't have to sell it to the high bidder.

Last edited:
Thanks.... I kinda get it now.

So............... Does a item show the reserve price up front before any bidding starts or is it one of those "surprise" numbers?.

TIA.
Ben.

Thanks.... I kinda get it now.

So............... Does a item show the reserve price up front before any bidding starts or is it one of those "surprise" numbers?.

TIA.
Ben.

It's not published unless the seller puts it in the description, so it's a surprise number.

Back