Well #$#@%

imQ

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Quentin
Found out this morning that someone tagged (sprayed graffiti) on a B-26 at Wiley Post airport in OKC. I had a cold chill because two of our club planes are parked about fifty feet away. Sure enough,:vomit: they got our 172 and 182 as well. (bangs head against wall) Crap!

Any security cameras that may have capture the act? If so, it may be time to...well....seek justice. :mad:

There are certain things where it should be perfectly legal to summarily execute the perp(s) with whatever weapon is at hand.

... Drivers blasting their stereos with their sub-woofers in the car next to you are another example...

I know they have cameras on the gates but I'm not sure about the ramp proper. The planes are flyable, but it's frustrating as the club has put a lot of time and money into decent paint and such. I hope we'll be able to buff that junk off without ruining the paint..:dunno:

What's really scary is what they could have done! It's really sad that a few cretins may force draconian security measures to be put into play and general aviation will be further isolated from the general public.

imQ said:
I know they have cameras on the gates but I'm not sure about the ramp proper. The planes are flyable, but it's frustrating as the club has put a lot of time and money into decent paint and such. I hope we'll be able to buff that junk off without ruining the paint..:dunno:

Get to it quick with something like goo-gone and you might get it off. Paint can take quite a while to cure and the surface probably wasn't optimally prepped for new paint so it might not attach very well.

We just replaced a half dozen runway threshold light globes here yesterday. Some "locals" apparently drove to the end of the runway over the weekend (probably Saturday night) and decided to take home some souvenirs. We're looking into installing a deer cam. Maybe now we can get the county to install a working gate.

I used to work nghts at Wiley Post as a lineman many years ago, and I was always afraid something like this would happen while I was working. Never did but it always kept me looking. Someone had to go WAY out of their way to get these planes, and the planes weren't really easy to get to.:dunno: I just don't get it.

It's amazing what might seem like a good idea when the wrong combination of people are put together and have nothing to do. Alcohol tends to amplify it further.

Remove it with Goof Off. it works.

RotaryWingBob said:
There are certain things where it should be perfectly legal to summarily execute the perp(s) with whatever weapon is at hand.

... Drivers blasting their stereos with their sub-woofers in the car next to you are another example...

This stuff really ticks ya off no respect for private property. I hope its just a young and stupid thing. From what I can recall of HighSchool and college a lot of folks did some pretty stupid things ( myself certainly included) I guess calling it "pranks" was a way of making it seem not criminal when in fact it is or was. My idea is if these folks ever get caught that they 1) Be made to clean up the mess themselves. Not pay for it not get fined but spend the hours and hours it may take to remove the paint properly. if they need to take a class to learn how do clean it then thats what they have to do. If that is not possible I'd love the court to take thier prized possesion and make them freaking spray paint it.

There is one Magisterial District Judge I appear in front of who always has crap behind his bench, skatebords, X-Boxes, Hell even bikes. He makes kids who commit these crimes bring this stuff in then he holds onto it for a few months until they make good or learn a lesson.

I know my thinking on this stuff at 43 is a whole lot different than it was at 17. Now if a 43 yo did it then Bob can shoot them.

imQ said:

If it's spray paint, try Eazy Off Oven Cleaner. If you have a quality 2 part paint underneath, it'll take off the cheap spray paint without touching the base paint. Just teast it on a spot under the tail first to make sure your paint is ok with it. If they used markers to do it, use Bunny's Ink Remover, it's gentle enough to clean inks off of photographs.

Boy, I wish y'all would get up in arms about the illegal invasion as you do with intentional defacing of these wonderful aircraft. Maybe there's a Goof Off product for rubbing out illegals and lackadaisical congresscritters.

Richard said:
Boy, I wish y'all would get up in arms about the illegal invasion as you do with intentional defacing of these wonderful aircraft. Maybe there's a Goof Off product for rubbing out illegals and lackadaisical congresscritters.

My feelings and opinions about the illegals in this wonderful country, and how our elected representatives are handling it, are better placed in the "spin zone".:yes:

Back