well that was fun!

Pilot-Dave

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Dave
I had another lesson today, and man was it a lot of fun!

I did 9 landings today (after some maneuvers work in the test area), and they were my best landings to date! Even better, I was pretty consistent with them all. A few of them were awesome and all of them were decent.

It was great to hear the CFI say "Wow. My Goodness!" on my first landing of the day. :wink2: It was a pretty calm day, but it really felt like something clicked and that I 'got it' compared to previous lessons.

I did elect to do one go-around after I let some other traffic in the pattern throw my rhythm off a bit and I felt that we were too high on short final - but knowing when not to land is surely nearly as important as knowing how to land, so I count that as a win too. ;)

I actually think, now, that I could do a pretty decent landing on my own if my life depended on it. :) I’m at 13.2 hours in the logbook now, and although I have to do some catch up on the ground school stuff (I didn’t get the materials until this week), my CFI said today that I’m otherwise pretty close to The Solo.

Having a lesson wherein landings went so well (finally) was a great feeling.

... now its off to bed to get some sleep before tomorrows lesson. :goofy:

Keep up the great attitude!

There will be down days and lessons that don't go so well.

The safest pilot in the air is a new pilot. The most dangerous pilot in the air is one with 150 -200 hours. ;)

The point is, over confidence kills. :eek:

Thanks!

Oh, not to worry, I'm far from over confident, LOL. I don't, myself, feel like I'm 'pretty close to the solo', but it was encouraging to hear the CFI say so.

I know it was but one lesson of many, and that landings - and the million other things there are to learn/work on - will no doubt give me many frustrating days ahead. Still, yesterday was encouraging - it was the first time I really felt like I was getting landings.

... I await the cross-wind reality check. :p

That is great to hear Dave. It is always a great feeling when the landings end up going as perfect as you want them to be. That was the biggest hold back for me and soloing, being able to get a few greaser landings in instead of carrier style landings (and me making sounds like I was on a bucking bronco).

Keep up the good work and you'll be posting your first solo story here before you know it.

Back