Well, I'm done...

HighFlyingA380

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Jim F.
...with college that is! Graduated this morning, with a fresh Professional Pilot B.S. degree in hand.

So now the fun begins; looking for a job. Any tips, suggestions, warnings, words of wisdom, ect would be great help.

My plans as of now? Well, I'm finishing up my multi-engine add-on in the next few weeks. Then I'm moving back to St. Louis to start CFI training. Along with that, I was planning on applying at AirNet, as I have a contact there through my old boss from KSUS. I have also been monitoring USAJobs on the off change they actually open for ATC applications. I'll also try to use my (limited) free time to volunteer at Wings Of Hope, to make some contacts, as well as possibly get some flight time.

Again, any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

close%20crop.png

Congrats!!:D no real advice, just do what you love and it won't seem like work! If it is flying, it won't pay like work either. :rolleyes:

Congrats! Tis the weekend for graduating -- we're in Iowa, celebrating our son's graduation and commissioning.

Lots of bright, fresh faces, surging into an unknown future. It gives me hope!

One word of advice is that you should not end one job without having a good start on getting the next one. If you are finishing school now you should have started your job search several months ago. In the future don't quit a job before you have the next one lined up.

That being said, congrats on accomplishing a great start on your professional career.

Congrats! Tis the weekend for graduating -- we're in Iowa, celebrating our son's graduation and commissioning.

Lots of bright, fresh faces, surging into an unknown future. It gives me hope!

That's why I love living in a college town. Hope springs eternal.

One word of advice is that you should not end one job without having a good start on getting the next one. If you are finishing school now you should have started your job search several months ago. In the future don't quit a job before you have the next one lined up.

That being said, congrats on accomplishing a great start on your professional career.

Na just pick up unemployment benefits!

Congrats on finishing the first part.
My advice:
Never stop learning.
Stay in shape, both mentally and physically. It is easier to keep it than it is to get it back.
No matter how much or how little money you earn, save some of it.
If you succeed, thank those that helped you.
If you fail, accept responsibility and start over.

Heard that China is in a world of crapola because they don't have commercial pilots. My old CFI was offered 6 figures for a 12 month contract. It looks like your a young man. If flying is your passion, that's the way I would go.

I believe you work two week on then 2 weeks off.

Back