We'll hand you this piano for FREE!

mikea

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iWin
I want to get one of these someday:
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Produc...11234777&ec=BC-EC877-CatHome&pos=9&lang=en-US

450 lbs

Shipping & Terms

Standard shipping via common carrier is included in the quoted price. Curbside delivery, signature required. Carrier will call to set up a delivery time. Extraordinary delivery requirements may necessitate an additional fee to the carrier. The estimated delivery time will be approximately 4 - 6 weeks from the time of order.

Curbside Delivery provides delivery made to the curb at the end of your driveway.

* Delivery agent will call to schedule a delivery appointment.
* Driver will offload your item to the curb at the end of your driveway.

* It is your responsibility to inspect merchandise prior to delivery agent's departure.

It is not the driver's responsibility to bring freight into house, garage, etc. Drivers do not assist with un-packaging or set-up. Delivery does not include disposal of packaging.

:hairraise:
This is why I still have a boxed futon in my hallway. I'm amused that they have finally put the truth in writing. Up until now they said "Free White Glove Delivery service included"

I have a hand truck, but I don't think it's good to 450 pounds. Besides I'd have to bounce it down some stairs to the lower level. I need a ramp, I guess.

My futon spent 6 weeks in a UPS freight warehouse during my repeated attempts to tell them I'm home and ready to accept the delivery. I gave the driver $10 to help me drag the thing into the house.

I guess I need to start weight training.

What ARE these companies thinking? As I mentioned when the GF bought a 200 pound HDTV from ABT, they griped that they weren't told that we asked to have it set up, when we DID pay for that. (So one of the guys kicked in the wall in the bathroom, but I digress.)

So if the customer is a 140 pound woman she is expected to dead lift the box? :dunno:

Last edited:
It seems they do that so that they don't have the liability associated with moving something into your home and damaging it. I ordered a washer and dryer that were curbside delivery (refurbished LG, saved about 40% and they've proven very reliable). The guy was glad to give me a hand with moving them in given the size, and I provided him with an appropriate tip.

It seems they do that so that they don't have the liability associated with moving something into your home and damaging it. I ordered a washer and dryer that were curbside delivery (refurbished LG, saved about 40% and they've proven very reliable). The guy was glad to give me a hand with moving them in given the size, and I provided him with an appropriate tip.
From our experience, it's better not to let them bring stuff into your house. :rolleyes:

Back