Website Updated!

I need to get over and visit Don - looks fabulous.
You know someone has mis-drilled one of those spars - I wonder what they can tolerate; how much a replacement is.

I need to get over and visit Don - looks fabulous.
You know someone has mis-drilled one of those spars - I wonder what they can tolerate; how much a replacement is.

Just come on over. The Land of Enchantment RV Flyin is October 9-11 down at 5T6, come on out! They will let wooden airplanes land during the fly-in too! :DHow was it mis-drilled? where? It is pretty amazing what the guys at Van's tell you to ignore and keep going.

Last edited:
How was it mis-drilled? where? It is pretty amazing what the guys at Van's tell you to ignore and keep going.

What I mean is, 'Surely someone has messed one of those up!'
new topic:
Are their instructions pretty succinct?

What I mean is, 'Surely someone has messed one of those up!'
new topic:
Are their instructions pretty succinct?

Nope, the instructions are pretty detailed in the beginning, after that they assume you can read the plans and make it happen. They sometimes condense an operation which takes 10 or 12 hours to complete into a single pretty non-descript sentence.

I am sure someone has messed up a spar, wouldn't even venture to guess what that would cost. They used to be in matched sets, IE: Both spars and the center spar carry through. They have matching serial numbers. I understand now that they are all accurate enough you can mix and match.

Last edited:
Back