Web lead forensics and identifying potential customers

Getonit

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Mark
I own a small company with several web sites. I was approached by a company called lead forensics where they can identify, to a certain level when someone, at the IP company level, looks at your websites, how much time they spend, and some other useful metrics. Unfortunately you can't identify the exact user within company which makes it less useful than when somebody at Walmart browses versus when Bob's butcher company looks at your site.

Not exactly cheap, but our review of the process and the people we did identify impressed us. Just looking for real world feedback. I have done the google searches and those are what those are for data points.

Thanks,
Mark

Yes, you too can become a part of "big brother"! But, otherwise, your website logging should be able to give you IP addresses, with which you can do several things yourself (such as typing them into your browser; I once got access to someone's computer this way.)
Whether it's "cheap" or not to pay someone else for mining depends solely on what the results are worth to you.

I have no experience with the company. However, you probably can get at least some of the same information for free by enabling rDNS lookup in your Web server's stats program.

FWIW, if I were contacted by a vendor with whom I had no account merely because I visited their site, I would never -- I say again, NEVER -- buy anything from that vendor, even if it were air and they had the monopoly on it.

But that's just me.

Rich

Back