Weather

signu127

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Sig-Nu
I am having trouble understanding the Radar Summary Chart Symbols, mainly the precipitation intensity. 1-6 digit and light through extreme.

thanks

Blue=Virga
Green=Light rain/turb
Yellow=Mod rain/turb
Red=Heavy rain, lightning, severe turb
Purple=End of the world stuff. Dogs and cats living together etc.

.... Not sure what the FAA is going to do when pilots are tested on a product that will not be generated.

Why the FAA will conduct a 5 million dollar study to get a grasp of the situation,, then hire 1000 more people to set up an inhouse "working group".. Then they will ask for public comment and dismiss all of that feedback. After that it goes out to bid and their bed buddies get the 120 mil contract to rewrite the tests and print a handout for all the Wings programs..:mad2::mad2::mad::D...

Like........... What could possibly go wrong ? :dunno:

It's MUCH more likely that they will continue to test on the outdated form for decades.

The FAA is exceedingly slow to roll out changes; I last worked on the TMA project in 2000, at Fort Worth Center. They are still rolling that out.

It's MUCH more likely that they will continue to test on the outdated form for decades.

The FAA is exceedingly slow to roll out changes; I last worked on the TMA project in 2000, at Fort Worth Center. They are still rolling that out.

:lol::rofl::lol:.......................:mad2:

This legacy radar product is being discontinued by the NWS. About 10 years too late. Not sure what the FAA is going to do when pilots are tested on a product that will not be generated.

Make 'em learn to use AN ranges? :D

Well I need it for the written I am taking next weekend so can anybody explain it???

OH darn, I scrolled right through the second post...didn't even see it...Thanks for pointing that out.

OH darn, I scrolled right through the second post...didn't even see it...Thanks for pointing that out.

Ya need to put Scott on your favorite list.....

He is the MAN in regards to weather...:yes::yes:

Back