Weather info in ForeFlight

azure

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
azure
So I bought my iPad today and of course the first thing I did was to install ForeFlight. My first impression was that it looks very nice and seems like it should be quite useful. The main thing I'll be using it for in the next couple of days is getting a look-see at the weather before heading out to the airport. So I put KVLL in my favorites and walked away for a couple of hours. When I unlocked the iPad, I noticed that the weather info had not updated, and not just for VLL. All of the METARs were at least 2 hours old, and VLL's was 3 hours old. Yet SkyVector has new METARs for VLL and all the others I was looking at, so they are available. Is this likely a temporary FF glitch, or is it normal behavior when running in trial mode, or... ??

Azure,

You indeed alerted us to a temporary glitch, I've gone ahead and bumped all the METARs, thanks for letting us know. Next time you see anything that seems out of the ordinary drop us a line at team@foreflight.com and we'll get right on it.

Thanks again,

Jay Baird / jay@foreflight.com
Lead Web Developer, ForeFlight LLC

Hey Liz!!!

Happy Holidays to you!!!!

This is what I really appreciate about the FF team. They have always responded to my emails and such regarding any issues I have had with updates or using the product, and the development team monitors our boards and really cares about the product's use in the field and responding quickly to any issues...bravo FF!! Thanks Jay!

Azure,

You indeed alerted us to a temporary glitch, I've gone ahead and bumped all the METARs, thanks for letting us know. Next time you see anything that seems out of the ordinary drop us a line at team@foreflight.com and we'll get right on it.

Thanks again,

Jay Baird / jay@foreflight.com
Lead Web Developer, ForeFlight LLC
Thanks Jay! It's good to see the developers of an aviation app monitoring the boards here. And indeed, weather seems to be updating fairly well this morning. The only oddness I'm noticing is that sometimes the popup weather info on the maps view is sometimes a little older than the info available on the airports view.

Bruce: hey and happy holidays to you too!! Yes, so far FF looks like a winner, though I haven't tried WingX yet, and probably won't have a chance until next week sometime. Still have 3 sets of labs to grade. I'm scheduled to go flying with my CFII on Monday, first time in about 6 months... and wouldn't you know it, the forecast is for rain. Oh well.

Back