Weather in the Northeast

moonshine

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Max
Enjoying the cool air in Smokies, thinking about blasting off North in a few hours, just flying up on the back side of the front. Will probably end up somewhere in E Ohio (any suggestions where to go there?)
Thence was thinking of continuing NE looking for the pretty fall foliage, but a bit put off by the turbulence AIRMET for the area
Might need to spend the night somewhere in OH or PA, dash NE tomorrow and thence start back down South to FL

Try Jackson county Ohio just outside Dayton,you could tour the Air Force museum,very pilot friendly airport.

Thank you! Will look into it
PS Travelling with 9 mo daughter is different :)
Not horrid, but different

PSS Looked at the temps - ouch. Cold.
Doubt it I'll end up there tonight

Plan that trip if you didn't go today.
Jackson Co is a great airport. They had an enterprise rental car waiting for me and directions to a Comfort Inn, right next to the AF Museum.

Not to mention Greene Co. Jackson is fun to land at when winds favor 25. The runway goes almost to the edge of a hill, I've heard one guy I know refer to it as an aircraft carrier landing because it seems like the runway comes up to meet you.

Try Jackson county Ohio just outside Dayton,you could tour the Air Force museum,very pilot friendly airport.

The Air Force Museum is closed, I'm afraid. We don't have a government, remember?

Wife remembered that we have friends to visit in VA, so staying at KROA for the night
Not quite sure where we'll end up tomorrow. Either go to NYC and then spend the night in KJYO, or go straight for KJYO and thence start heading back to FL
Love just buzzing around like that without destination in mind or a particular practical purpose, haven't tried it before

Back