[Weather Education, Live Seminar] "Weather Essentials for Pilots" by Scott Dennstaedt

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
I don't think I've seen it posted here yet, so I'll speak up....

Scott Dennstaedt, known as @scottd on this board, is the Weather Scientist for ForeFlight and one of the best weather educators us GA types have right now. Many of us have attended his "Beyond the Weather Brief" events in the past and benefited greatly from the education. Others have read his articles in various pilot periodicals and blogs and come away with useful knowledge to apply to our flying.

Recently, Scott announced on his website that he is presenting a new seminar this fall, "Weather Essentials for Pilots". Dates, locations and tuition costs are:

October 8 - October 9, 2016 in Fort Worth, Texas - $375.00
October 22 - October 23, 2016 in Cincinnati, Ohio - $375.00
November 5 - November 6, 2016 in Phoenix, Arizona - $375.00​

Weather Essentials for Pilots Overview

Most of our weather education has been through reading text books, magazine articles and the occasional online tutorial. This material is sometimes vague and filled with generalizations and rules of thumb that don't always apply especially when Mother Nature is at her worst. With respect to weather, the devil is in the details. Very few of these traditional learning resources are up-to-date with the latest technology and weather products freely available online. Traditional material tends to lack a detailed description on how to interpret and utilize these tools within the context of your preflight regiment. During your primary and instrument training, your formal weather instruction was either very general or nonexistent - perhaps just enough to pass the written and practical exams. As a result, many pilots feel their aviation weather knowledge is seriously behind the guidance that has emerged online.

Weather Essentials for Pilots is a unique two-day aviation weather workshop developed and taught by CFI and former NWS research meteorologist, Scott C. Dennstaedt. It is open to pilots at all experience levels including pilots without an instrument rating, although instrument rated pilots will leverage the most from the course material. This workshop is designed to remove much of the guesswork out of your preflight analysis by filling in those gaps in knowledge to take over where your primary training has left off. If you want to enhance your preflight and in-flight weather situational awareness beyond the standard briefing, be sure to reserve your seat to Weather Essentials for Pilots. It will challenge your most basic understanding of the weather.

PRE-REGITRATION IS A REQUIREMENT
and can be done here: https://avwxworkshops.com/live-workshops.php

DISCOUNTS: "Elite" members of www.AvWxWorkshops.com receive a 20 percent discount on the tuition of this workshop. "Wx Brief Only" members receive a 10 percent discount. Sign up a buddy at the same time and his ticket will be just $275.00.
cleardot.gif

I've signed up for the one in Fort Worth. I others from PoA will take advantage of this education opportunity.

Already a thread on it! Damn Aggie!

Roll Tide!

Back