We-B-Smokin BBQ, Paola, KS 11/22

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
Several of us are planning to fly up to Paola, KS (K81) for BBQ this coming Saturday. Flight of two or three Citabrias, maybe Barb in her straight-tail 172, and who knows who all else might join us. Hopefully Kim can make it too! :yes:

We're going to try to be there around 11:00 or so. I'll call them before we leave on Saturday so they can have a table ready for us.

See ya there! :)

I'd love to come...that's my birthday. But I'll either be in Wisconsin or home for just a couple of days. Even if I'm home I'd probably head back to Wisconsin next week without my family jewels if I spent one of my two days home with flying buddies!
:hairraise:

Of course, I guess I could give Chris the hard sell about how she needs to come with for my birthday present, eh!?!?

/me thinks he needs to live closer to Diana so he can join in on all these fun (and yummy!) adventures...

Come on down! They have fuel on the field. We'll buy your lunch.

oh i think i better sit this one out. my butt still hurts from Beaumont. plus got some students to fly with.

:D Flying, food, family and friends...it doesn't get much better than that. Y'all come. :yes:

I'd love to, but 374nm for lunch is a bit much for the unemployed. :(

Or, 658nm to Cedar Mills, though I see 08MO is within 2nm of the centerline of the direct course.

Ugh. I need an airplane, and a pile of money. But who doesn't?

OK, here is the latest update on tomorrow. Barb is going to buy some kind of farm animal or machinery tonight and has to pick it up tomorrow, so she can't come. Flight of three Citabrias will depart PTS together and plan to arrive at about 11:00 tomorrow. Kim is bringing Matt in the Birddog. Marc is flying in with his daughter. That's all I know so far. :)

Wish I could come, but i need to finish my BFR and we had to cancel today because of the winds. Maybe next time. :rolleyes:

Wish I could come, but i need to finish my BFR and we had to cancel today because of the winds. Maybe next time. :rolleyes:
Sorry you couldn't make it. If you canceled today because of winds, then it might have been a good day to work with a CFI tackling the winds.

What a pleasant surprise to have Chip join us today! :yes:

We had three Citabrias fly up together and we were joined by a Husky in the pattern. :)

Kim had brake problems, so she and Matt drove.

Here are a few people pictures that Tom took. The airplane pictures are from Kim.

Attachments

• HPIM4383 (1400 x 1064).jpg
    HPIM4383 (1400 x 1064).jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 20
  • HPIM4388 (1400 x 860).jpg
    HPIM4388 (1400 x 860).jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 3 Citabrias.JPG
    3 Citabrias.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 13
  • The line up.JPG
    The line up.JPG
    159.2 KB · Views: 15
Damn. Now that there is funny.
You guys are funny. :D

BTW, Hayden was upset that he didn't get to go home with Chip. Hayden has decided to find a new and different way to travel. He said he wants to see America from a bicycle. He would like to ride along, either in a basket in front or in a baby seat in back. Surely Chip could take him along on his long bike rides? :dunno:

You guys are funny. :D

BTW, Hayden was upset that he didn't get to go home with Chip. Hayden has decided to find a new and different way to travel. He said he wants to see America from a bicycle. He would like to ride along, either in a basket in front or in a baby seat in back. Surely Chip could take him along on his long bike rides? :dunno:

The day Hayden goes home with me is the last ANYBODY sees of him. I don't name anything with spark plugs, and I don't get attached to ceramic garden gnomes. Sorry. Hayden hitches a ride, he dies in a hard fall from about six feet. :D

dont you have an airplane with a door that can be opened in flight?

The day Hayden goes home with me is the last ANYBODY sees of him. I don't name anything with spark plugs, and I don't get attached to ceramic garden gnomes. Sorry. Hayden hitches a ride, he dies in a hard fall from about six feet. :D
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Hayden said that he forgot that he didn't like Arkansas, so he changed his mind about that bike ride!

Now he is searching for some of this ----> :yinyang:

Even better. Then it will look like suicide. :mad3:

NW ARKANSAS - Standing in for his long-time friend, Buster, who was out for plastic surgery, Hayden participated in a filming of a special episode of Mythbusters, with a focus on "things aviation." Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman contracted with stunt pilot Chip Gibbons for the enviable toilet-paper-and-scotch-tape-parachute test. Hayden, before the flight and suited up in the contraption, was asked if he had any last words. He was, as usual, silently stoic.

All was normal, til the top of the loop, when Hayden made an unexpectedly early exit from the aircraft. While his "chute" did deploy, it did so only momentarily, before tearing itself to shreds.

Sadly, Hayden's demise was witnessed by his two cousins, Karl and Lloyd, who had traveled from East Lansing to witness Hayden's leap into fame, no pun intended. Karl commented only briefly to the media, reminiscing of Hayden's many challenges growing up, and their mother's words to the young lad, now hauntingly poetic: "Hayden, if at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving."

It is expected that the episode will air later this winter, along with a re-run of the airplane-on-a-treadmill episode (made famous, coincidentally, by a group of Hayden's companions known only by their code name, "POA").

When Jamie and Adam were asked if this myth would be classified as plausible, they looked at us, then at Hayden. Their answer? "We think this one's shattered."

broken_gnome.jpg

NW ARKANSAS - Standing in for his long-time friend, Buster, who was out for plastic surgery, Hayden participated in a filming of a special episode of Mythbusters, with a focus on "things aviation." Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman contracted with stunt pilot Chip Gibbons for the enviable toilet-paper-and-scotch-tape-parachute test. Hayden, before the flight and suited up in the contraption, was asked if he had any last words. He was, as usual, silently stoic.

All was normal, til the top of the loop, when Hayden made an unexpectedly early exit from the aircraft. While his "chute" did deploy, it did so only momentarily, before tearing itself to shreds.

Sadly, Hayden's demise was witnessed by his two cousins, Karl and Lloyd, who had traveled from East Lansing to witness Hayden's leap into fame, no pun intended. Karl commented only briefly to the media, reminiscing of Hayden's many challenges growing up, and their mother's words to the young lad, now hauntingly poetic: "Hayden, if at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving."

It is expected that the episode will air later this winter, along with a re-run of the airplane-on-a-treadmill episode (made famous, coincidentally, by a group of Hayden's companions known only by their code name, "POA").

When Jamie and Adam were asked if this myth would be classified as plausible, they looked at us, then at Hayden. Their answer? "We think this one's shattered."
OMG! That's the funniest thing I've read in a long time! :D :D :D

(Except Hayden didn't laugh and now he doesn't want to go back to Texas.)

Back