Waypoint Cafe at Camarillo Airport - Southern California

Jonathan Spoer

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Jonathan Spoer
The world has been going crazy and the one thing that can bring peace and tranquility for us pilots is getting to spread our wings by going flying and exercising our aircraft. Unfortunately with the quarantine period of COVID19, finding a destination worth visiting for lunch or activities have been few and far between. As of May 27th the Waypont cafe at KCMA has reopened for to go orders once again from 8am to 2pm Wednesday’s thru Sunday’s. That doesn’t mean you have to take your food and leave, they have pleanty of tables and benches setup on their patio and viewport for you and your family or friends to enjoy your breakfast or lunch. If you want to take it up an AV8R notch, you could always tailgate or “wing-it” at your plane. They are back to serving their full menu and have their famous tri-tip available weekends and Wednesday’s. Don’t forget their shakes. You can check out their menu at http://www.thewaypointcafe.com where you can also place your orders online if you want to save some time. While the friendly full service will be missed for a little while longer, the great hospitality, excellent food and friendly service is finally back. If you’re also looking for a little excursion, the local Camarillo outlets have also reopened. Places like the waypoint will resume full table service in the near future but please help support our local businesses that need us as customers. In all my aviation travels, this place is my favorite and the food is reasonable, good and consistent. OBW, If you’re looking for some good fuel prices, their self serve isn’t badly priced or you can hop over to KSZP Santa Paula and save just over a $1 per gallon. I hope this was of some value to a few local pilots. For all others, if you make your way to Southern California, waypoint is worth the visit.

Thanks! Wings Cafe over at KFUL has been open a couple of weeks and also has benches under awnings for people to eat outside and keep a good distance. 100LL at General Aviation last week was $4.18 a gallon.

Back