Way in over my head, don’t be me!

Mil jet training ab initio from zero hours? No we don't

Actually at times the USAF has done just that. They cut the initial training in the T41A a couple of times, then brought it back. And then, they had test groups every so often that were plugged into UPT without FSP or any civilian time.

And in my class (82-01 Laughlin) there were a small number of such a test group. Straight into T-37.

Of course, every time they tried this, it resulted in a greater washout rate (at a higher cost due the hourly cost) and for those that did complete, more jet hours (more cost).

Never understood why they kept trying when every time the results were the same.

Forget the puppy mill CFI, they are not who you want the built time riding around building time to go the airlines,

Get an experienced CFI ex airline Corporate type guy, and have him teach you
Or sell that Cirrus, you put the cart before the horse, to learn in.

Never understood why they kept trying when every time the results were the same.

Every so often, the good idea fairy visits the new leadership and tells them how to save training costs. Every generation has to relearn the same things.

I'd advice that you cut your losses and try a more more traditional route, If you still want to pursue aviation.

Last year I bought a brand new Turbo Cirrus SR22 to train for my private license in. The appeal to avoid airline hassle and have my own plane was something of interest, so I went and purchased a brand new airplane, with only 83 hours on it. While I have a pretty lucrative job in construction I bit off far more than I can chew. Insurance kills me, the annual maintenance inspection that I didn’t know would be required on a year old airplane was insane, over $14,000. I had no idea this was so expensive and I admit I should have done my homework beforehand. Don’t be me and find yourself upside down in an airplane that you still can’t even fly because instructor availability is hard to keep consistent. I haven’t even soloed yet. So I’ve got this incredibly expensive airplane sitting in a community hangar doing nothing until I can schedule my instructor again. It’s a handful of an airplane for a 27hour pilot student. Don’t be me.

So I was scanning Controller the other day and noticed that there are a lot of used Cirri for sale. Anyone else noticed this?

OP still hasn’t returned since dropping that turd into the shallow end.

OP still hasn’t returned since dropping that turd into the shallow end.
He was already being accused of being a troll by the third post, so can you really blame him for not coming back?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back